If I file a report in-game via the "Tab" menu, is filing one online redundant?

lonestranger

Question

Firstly, I have read the threads "How To Properly Report Users" and "How to use the Report System [EN]". However, neither one mention the report function built into the "Tab" menu in-game. I'm a newcomer to TruckersMP, so I can only assume the in-game report function is relatively new.

My question is this: If I report someone via the in-game menu, should I also file one via the report page at https://truckersmp.com/reports? Obviously, In order to provide video or a screenshot, I'd need to do so via the report page. Still, it's a duplicate report and would seem to create more work for the moderators. So, which is the preferred method: report in-game only, report on the report page only, or report on both?

EDIT: Thanks for the answers. I guess the in-game report is for live reports to Admins who are currently in-game? I'll continue to submit them online as well.

Edited by lonestranger [CAN]
Thanks

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, lonestranger [CAN] said:

EDIT: Thanks for the answers. I guess the in-game report is for live reports to Admins who are currently in-game? I'll continue to submit them online as well.

Correct.

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

First of all, Welcome!

If you didn't see them get banned then, No. Admins have a lot of reports in the In-Game system and may get to your report when the perp is doing nothing wrong! If they have already been banned the admin will decline the report, if they haven't they will be! :D 

The in-game system has been around for ages, it's the online system that is new.

Edited by TrademarkGamer

Hi,

You should report in-game and on the website. It is not always likely that an administrator will see your particular report in-game and if the perpetrator will still be causing problems.

Hello and welcome on multiplayer.

Regarding your question, it is true that it is best to realize your report directly in the game, but most importantly, it is do not forget to realize your report on TruckersMP, because the administrators are already very busy, due of the increase in the number of player, on Euro Truck Simulator 2 multiplayer, and therefore it is more likely that your report is well treated, on the site of TruckerMP. 

The site of TruckerMP : https://truckersmp.com/ 

Cordially.