What happened to VTC managing websites like ets2data, myvtc etc..?

ViperSRT

Hi All,  

Hope You are doing great!! I used to be a very active player on ets2mp and was part of couple of VTCs as well(one after the other, not simultaneously), where I've submitted more than 400 jobs combined(long distance ones, not less than 1000 kms). There used to be many VTC managing websites back then, like myVTC.net, ets2data.com etc. I know that myvtc.net got sold and got converted to .pro, which has been under development for ages now. 

But what happened to ets2data.com website? That website provided many cool features as well. Had logged few jobs in it when it was freshly started, but then I moved on to other games and was not active in ets2mp for almost an year now. Recently, I thought of coming back to VTC world, but I see all VTCs have their own websites... And its difficult to find out which one is active and which ones are "had been" ones.. So, does all common VTC managing websites like myVTC, ETS2data etc vanished? Or do they still exist and players are actively uploading their jobs there? Any info appreciated!!

Thanks & Best Regards!!!

Well their domains don't seem to be active anymore so it's pretty obvious to say that they are dead, I can't find any formal explanation as to why they were shut down but my guess is that it could have been due to low popularity or high server lease costs.

21 hours ago, CodingLife said:

I would use Virtual Trucking Manager when it comes to job logging for VTCs. Like they stated above, WOTDB was merged with Tour o Matic and it is in beta currently.

Oh Cool!! Thanks a lot!! 

23 hours ago, heyhococo said:

Ets2data died, myvtc died, tour o matic disappeared, wotrdb disappeared (Tour o Matic merged with wotrdb in September, but the project owner left a few weeks ago, along with myself)

The only major VTC manager I know of is the new Tour o Matic @ https://tour-o-matic.net/ :)

That is so sad :/ But thanks for the info!!! Appreciate it :)

8 hours ago, SgtBreadStick said:

The VTC managers i know are:

Tour O Matic (Beta)

Virtual Trucking Manager (Which I Use)

MyVTC (Now MyVTC.pro) (But doesn't work anymore)

TruckNet (https://sellfy.com/p/y4HY/) (£30 One Off) (Webhost Required)

So which is most popular among the following? Something that wont fade into history easily like the others.... And which one of them has better features? Like we can track other member statistics in same/different VTC etc...

1. Virtual Trucking Manager?

2. Tour O Matic?

3.  trucksbook.eu?

Also, as VTC and multiplayer mods almost go hand in hand, cant they integrate both? Like Truckers MP and any of the other VTC managing sites? The only reason I used to play MP mode was VTCs, as during my country time zone, the MP servers are mostly dry and very few convoys are organized at that time(except weekends).. Since truckers MP is popular, they can ask any VTC managing website to be a part of them, which in turn adds more popularity...

Dunno if this is in the spirit of the topic, but is possible to run a virtual logbook that would save customized economy data and finances? I know trucksbook and VTM offer some sort of finances, but as far as I know, all the virtual logbooks have been somehow dependant on the default game economy. 

What I'd have in mind would be a system that lists jobs with customized pay (for more realistic amounts), finances in the form of fuel, maintenance fees and driver pay and finally keeps a fictional list of virtual trucks you can 'lease' or 'buy used' and eventually replace it with a better one. (again, to simulate a slower, slightly more realistic game progression. I'm aware that you probably can't make a save file modifier which would place actual custom-prized trucks and jobs in the game without going to extensive modding, outside the scope of what a logbook site is expected to offer. but you know, a FSE-style site which helps in keeping this kind of record could be possible, I think.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived