My first experience of MP

Sassy_UK

Delightful!

Went on Euro 2 as most streams I have seen have been on there.

Got rammed 3 times on purpose. Had some bloke overtake me (on a 3 lane road), scream motherf.. at me, slow down, do the same, rinse and repeat and another one continually flash his lights at me shouting r****d at me too. Didn't even finish the job and logged off.

Genuinely gutted, I am new to the game with just over 30 hours but have been really enjoying it and thought MP would just enhance that and I could possibly meet new people to play with etc - my experience has put me right off and I think it'll just be single player from now on, such a shame.

This isn't a dig at the admins/staff at all. I am a community moderator for Dead By Daylight and the community there can be pretty damn toxic and it's nigh on impossible to contain, I just wanted to share my experience and bring to light the behaviour of some on there, I'm sure with that kind of behaviour I'm not the only newcomer than has been driven away (no pun intended!) which is just a sheer shame as I'm sure the admins put in blood, sweat and tears to keep it going for everybody.

In the meantime I shall enjoy lurking on streams and listening to truckers.fm

Maybe I'll get some more hours under my proverbial belt and try another server, if any of you recommend one, please do!

Welcome to Truckersmp @Sassy_UK 

That how the mp is sadly but we do have a  lot of nice  players in ets2mp & atsmp  ,  you can report the player  when your in game  or even  do what most of us do  and report it  through the forums,  link down below 

https://truckersmp.com/reports/create

here is some helpful guide  that can help you 

you should  play with friends if you want to , or you can join a vtc 

eu1 and eu3  is the best for you ,  i mostly spend  a lot  in eu2 

also  if you didn't know Mp does  have bugs etc.. so  please just be aware from lag.  

also  have a  look at the forums & meet new people, also  you are more then welcome to private message me etc...  

best of luck.  :D

76561198098873827.png

Hey Sassy_UK, sad to hear this.

I have a server recommendation for you. Europe Server 1 is a much calmer server compared to the largely populated EU2 / EU3. Speed limiters on this server prevent users driving at an unreasonable speeds, along with EU1 having a lower population of players. This will not guarantee to remove all trolls / individuals who break the rules but from my experience it is much better :).

Hopefully you enjoy MP more because of this, let me know how you get on. 

Hi @Sassy_UK and welcome to the forum,

Trolls are just an everyday part of playing with this multiplayer mod. Due to the freedom the players have on the servers, and an extensive map, trolling is just inevitable. Its never going to stop, even with admins etc....

Other than that, most of the info you really need is provided above.

Enjoy, and happy trucking!

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

You should try one of the other servers, EU 1 is good.

With regard to trolls, sadly this is a driving game that has multiplayer with a lot of players and so people take advantage of that to mess about. 

The administrators work hard every day to read reports and patrol in game and are trying to cut down on the toxic trolls, if you want to avoid the trolls you should try to stay away from highly populated areas.

Many thanks,

I definatly recomend server 1. It's a bit slower speeds.

But it's alot better, people drive carefully and it's enjoyable.

Went on server 2 today as well and got rammed, insulted. blocked and followed and rammed and blocked again.

I gave up after loosing over 200k euros in income due to beeing rammed.

So Staying on Euro 1. 

I'd recommend going in Europe #1 if you want to avoid most (not all) trolls. People are often attracted to the most populated servers to see more drivers, which usually leads to see toxic players. The thing about it is that truckers are not well spread around the map. Highest density areas include north-east of France, Belgium, Netherlands and north-west Germany.

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Welcome to the Community. You obviously know about the game because you have played Single-Player before and are not coming into Multi-Player blind (if you get what I mean). MP is completely different to SP and you need to get used the the fact that some people are just out to troll and ruin the experience for other drivers (which is a shame :().

Best idea is to ignore the trolls and deal with them in the correct way (report system) and not react to them or break a rule in rage. I recommend having a separate profile for MP with a lot of money and garages because it is very likely that you may screw up your career profile (plus there are a few time bugs). Here is a link to a profile you can download if you are interested: https://www.ets2mods.org/cheats/ets2-save-game-no-dlc

Us Admins really do our best to deal with trolls and people who want to ruin the game play and when users send in InGame Reports, it is usually too late when we come around and then we don't see an offence. Plus we have many reports coming in all the time and it is hard to keep up with. You can check out some Admin Streams if you want to see what it is like to be an admin [http://twitch.tv/clarkinator & http://twitch.tv/el1tezombiezhd] (they are just 2 that I know who stream, including myself :D). 

If you can record your game play and upload the evidence of the trolls, you can file a Web Report (http://truckersmp.com/reports/) with your evidence and this will be dealt with but it may take time because we have a big backlog at the moment.

Overall, that's all I have to say, if you have any questions, please be sure to ask (mention me by doing @El1teZombiezHD ) otherwise I won't know you replied :D

Lastly, thanks for tuning in to TruckersFM, it is a great radio station for this community and i'm proud to be a DJ for them.

Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP In-Game Admin]

[TruckersMP Media Team]

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Hope this will give you a brief idea about the servers.
On peak time:
Eu 2: 3500 players. About 80% (bad drivers / trolls / laggers). So you will need to compensate for their mistakes, as they are not AI (who obeys traffic rules) but they are really quite reckless at driving. If you avoid Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, you will not notice that many reckless drivers! Most of them stick to Netherlands, Belgium, Germany area.

EU 1: 300 players. Speed limiter. 95% decent drivers.

EU 3: 1200 players. About 20% reckless.

And I totally agree with what @El1teZombiezHD said above.

What I personally do is. I always play on EU 2. If I am gonna do world of trucks jobs with a truck, I avoid those dangerous areas. Since it's absolutely pointless to finish a delivery with 20% damage. But for an instance, go drive around Bergen, Stavanger, Zürich, Milano, Yugoslavia, Poland. You will not only see the challenge of driving uphill on country roads with sharp turns but also the textures and view are great :)
If I wanna drive a car, I just stick to most crowded areas. Since what's the point of driving a car without any traffic around and if I get rammed, who cares it's just a car, go and repair.

Hi Sassy

I know just how you feel with ETS MP. When I first came on I was thinking omg there is a lot of people on here. I was thinking this is just like the real thing.    I can tell you from my own experiences that the more you drive the easier it will become. As the saying goes... if you can't  beat them join them! My thinking was this is a guys game but I was going to try my best to play and have fun.  No matter what mp game you play there will always be those who are inconsiderate of others and just plain out rude! So thankful for the many admins in the game who does their part in banning players like that. Also with those who uses their video to report those who break the rules of the game!  I will say this though about ETS MP, I still am a little nervous in there because there are usually a lot of people in there at certain times. I usually try to go to cities with the fewest people and also either go in convoys or with some of my friends..that does make it easier :) 

You'll find less rammers in East, France and Scandinavia. They're a minority, mostly concentrated in the vanilla map.

Most of the players I've met drove properly, in their lane.

Don't throw the basket because of a few rotten apples.

I am sorry to hear of your experience, where you around Rotterdam by any chance? We do have a lot of very  friendly players, but unfortunately your were the victim of trolls. I have found that in Scandinavia it is extremely peaceful and this does not go on, but unfortunately this requires the purchase  of a DLC. I have also found however that the further away from the channel you go the better it gets. If you are in the UK head north. If you are in Europe head inland. I am very saddened that this is your first experience. I must urge you to give Truckersmp a second chance, it is a wonderful thing and after almost a month of playing in MP I could not go back to single player, it just would not be the same. 

I hope you give MP a second chance. Remember you do meet some amazing, honest and genuine people.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived