GTA V PC: New Release Date, System Requirements & 4K Screenshots

Carrythxd

Well, Rockstar Games finally released some news regarding GTA V PC, figured I'd share 'em here since I think there's a lot of people here who are interested in the PC version of the game :)

SOURCE: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52374/gtav-pc-new-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=gtavpc&utm_campaign=gtavpcspecs_01132015

pcvinewood_full.jpg

(click the picture for higher resolution)

As we head into 2015, we would like to share the first screens and system specs of Grand Theft Auto V for PC as well as a new release date of March 24, 2015. 

Our apologies for the slight shift in the date but the game requires a few extra weeks of testing and polish to make it as good as can be. Moving a release date is never a decision we take lightly and is a choice we make only when we know it is in the best interests of the game and our fans. Thanks everyone for your understanding and we assure you these few extra weeks will be worth it when the game does arrive in March.

GTA Online for PC, which will support up to 30 players, will launch alongside GTAV for PC and will include GTA Online Heists.  Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch.

Click on each new screenshot to see them in full 4K resolution, and read on for the game's official system specifications and additional info.

pcfranklin_full.jpg

GTAV for PC pushes Los Santos and Blaine County to even greater levels of detail, running at 1080p and 60fps with up to 4K resolution and support for up to triple monitor configurations, as well as NVidia 3D Vision for up to triple monitor setups.

pcmichael_full.jpg

GTAV for PC also includes the new Rockstar Editor, which gives players a full suite of editing tools to create and publish gameplay clips direct to both Social Club and YouTube.

pctrevor_full.jpg

pctree_full.jpg

pchighway_full.jpg

Below, check out official minimum and recommended specs and stay tuned for more information on GTAV for PC in the coming weeks.

Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Over time, downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer and www.rockstargames.com/support for current compatibility information. Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher.

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

EDIT:
You are now able to pre-order the game from Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590

10924172_605313599597370_543719412462519

y1u9Gtd.jpg

Damn it, I don't care much about optimization, I want the game!

R* lied to us. They didn't informed us about the delay as soon as they took the decision. They waited for tuesday. Before then they kept telling us "the game is still coming out on january 27th, no delay has been announced", shit like that.

They knew it and lied.

All the people saying R* lied need to think a little bit more. Look at the crap Ubisoft put out last year. That's what happens when you release a game, even when it's far from done. What R* is doing is a great thing. The longer they wait with the release, the better the game will be. 

Damn it, I don't care much about optimization, I want the game!

So you prefer a bad game, running awful on less powerful PC's over a finished game, running fine on even the lower spec PC's? Fuck logic right there..

As you might have guessed, I'm glad they pushed it back. This only means the final version will be better in every aspect.

Proud Transport Administration Officer for Squirrel-Logistics, the number one VTC

bought a new desk, new 24" widescreen monitor to replace my nearly dead 22"  widescreen monitor, how it even still works is just a miracle, also going to upgrade from a Radeon 7750 and spend around £250 on a new GPU to compliment the quad core 4.2Ghz and 8GB Ram 

Looking forward to the release though

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

All the people saying R* lied need to think a little bit more. Look at the crap Ubisoft put out last year. That's what happens when you release a game, even when it's far from done. What R* is doing is a great thing. The longer they wait with the release, the better the game will be. 

So you prefer a bad game, running awful on less powerful PC's over a finished game, running fine on even the lower spec PC's? Fuck logic right there..

As you might have guessed, I'm glad they pushed it back. This only means the final version will be better in every aspect.

No logic as you noticed, I just want the game. I bought GTA IV as soon as it has been released, I had a big rig, I didn't care about its poor optimization. I barely noticed.

Same now, I got a new computer last year, and I could play GTA V with full settings. It may sound selfish, and it is.

if you pre-order you get GTA: SA for free as well

Also on the can you run it website, it says i haven't got enough cpu power to play the game......

yZNm0m1.png

it suggests an AMD 8 core running at 4 Ghz, when i have a quad core at 4.2Ghz and its pretty well known even the newer games only utilise 4 cores, their website thinks i only have 1 core..... yeh ok, even though it states i have a quad core cpu

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

Please don't pre-order games. You have no idea what you buy. Sure it was a solid game on console's, but PC is completely different. Wait for reviews and such, then decide whether or not you want to buy the game. You might be buying a piece of crap :D

Proud Transport Administration Officer for Squirrel-Logistics, the number one VTC

Please don't pre-order games. You have no idea what you buy. Sure it was a solid game on console's, but PC is completely different. Wait for reviews and such, then decide whether or not you want to buy the game. You might be buying a piece of crap :D

thats what i thought, do anyone know if there will be demo of this game ?

Not completely different. You exaggerate.

The only thing that we should be worried about is the optimization. Otherwise, it will be the same game. I have a big rig, I played the game on 360 and I loved it, I pre-ordered it for PC. I really don't think I'm wrong here. :)

Archived