How to get more FPS in ETS 2 MP?

[U-S L] KeDreJ

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi,

On the login screen at the start of booting up the multiplayer mod there is a wrench icon at the top left, click on that.

You will then be presented with the window below, if you click on Graphics you will be able to disable things that can cause performance loss.

The main ones (indicated by arrows) are the shadows and the draw distance, you can edit these here to your liking.

The bottom image, (the first tab) General, has some more things that you can disable to increase performance, as you can see the ones that increase performance are circled in red.

I hope that this helps you.

To note, disabling Seasonal effects can also increase performance.

To note, when in high population areas your fps will drop but when in low population areas you should have a normal FPS.

Sorry about my poor paint skills. ;)

37C5K7o.jpg

Here are some tips to boost your fps:

1. Right click windows task pane --> Click task manager ---> Head over to the processes tab ---> Find ets2.exe ---> Right click then go to priority and set it to high.

2. This is something I find works really well - If you go in game on ETS2 and go to graphics settings then uncheck full screen. You should now have a windowed game. Go back into graphics settings in-game and set your resolution to your preference. I chose 1280 x 720. Yes this does make the game look a little less quality, however it did give me a good fps boost. Before you do this ensure your game is in windowed mode, like I explained a while back in my post.

3. Another thing you can do is go to control panel ---> hardware and sounds ---> power options --> click on "high performance". (Note it uses more power but will help boost fps).

4. Try to "Unpark" your cores. - This definitely improved my system. Take a look here for the instructions + application http://coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

Hopefully this helps you along with the others reading this post :) 

The Question should be better, How to improve the Performance of ETS2 SP/MP?! By the Way, the FPS in MP depends more on your Internet Connection and your PC Specs. and not on the Detail Quality of the Game!

The Post of EnLight are a few Steps, i will extending them:

- Keep your PC up to Date and Clean ( Drivers, no needed Programs while  you playing and so on)!

- Overwatch your PC Temperatures!

- Start the Game/TruckersMP  as Administrator!

- Disable Ingame the Anti Aliasing and the Anisotropic Filtering. Let Both done by the Graphic Drivers!

- Reduce the Mirror Visibility to Medium!

- Reduce/Increase the Shadows, less Quality means it will be calculated by your CPU, Higher Quality means, it will be calculated by your GPU!

- Reduce Weather Quality!

- Reduce Reflection Quality!

- Reduce Grass intens to low or turn it off!

This setting in the file of the other players the engine, axle, rear sprocket, etc. sounds, and a few unnecessary setting closes.

For ETS2MP;

Download "config.txt" file: https://yadi.sk/i/bcbU6pVioTh96

Copy into "Documents/ETS2MP" folder.

For ATSMP;

Download "config.txt" file: https://yadi.sk/i/DcOu8aWwoTh4w

Copy into "Documents/ATSMP" folder.

• Upvote 1