Add notifications for the lighting.

Suggestion Name: Add notifications for the lighting.
Suggestion Description: He would be good to add an automatic notification when we have to light (switch on) and put out (switch off) our lighthouses to avoid forgetting to light (to switch on) them.
Any example images
405048Sanstitre.png

This has been suggested before, but I still fully support this. There would then be no excuses in ban appeals, and would keep players aware of needing there lights on.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

+1 Even if it has already been suggested before.

A red popup message like you suggested + 2-3 lines in the chat every hour during the night time to remind everyone to turn on their lights. No more excuses in Ban Appeals "sry i didnt knew pls unban"

Personally I always have my lights as here in Switzerland we have to always keep them turned on.

Hey

+1 I can fully support this! On one side it will reduce the bans/reports for us and for the Admins!

-1 On the other side you should know yourself when its time to turn on/off your truck's lights!

But it wouldnt hurt anyone, if its get added!

kind regards 

ReaPeR1

Hello everyone, because so many people already replied to this suggestion, I'll just multi quote some of you :)

On 7.2.2017 at 11:21 AM, AllstarDK said:

+1 Either the popup or a message in the chat would be awesome. Then the admins dont have to remind manually all users when the time gets around 1900. And then it stops with all the excuses =)

I would rather have a popup at 19:00 o'clock (7 PM) because players might have disabled the chat with F9 so they wouldn't actually see it.

On 7.2.2017 at 1:14 PM, DTML said:

Not bad idea. I would have replaced background red on yellow color.

But that's another story.

I absolutely agree with you there because red is usually for kick/ban messages or if you cannot stop while driving. Yellow, on the other hand, shows hints and useful advice.

On 7.2.2017 at 1:57 PM, ReaPeR1 said:

Hey

+1 I can fully support this! On one side it will reduce the bans/reports for us and for the Admins!

-1 On the other side you should know yourself when its time to turn on/off your truck's lights!

But it wouldnt hurt anyone, if its get added!

kind regards 

ReaPeR1

There is totally no doubt that a realistic driver or even a Krav knows when to turn on the headlights (;p). But unfortunately, there are trolls who do this purposely in order to cause mayhem on the roads.

On 4.2.2017 at 8:44 PM, Chris TFM said:

I have forwarded this on to Devs as I 100% completely agree it's needed.

I feel the necessity as well so thanks a lot.

On 4.2.2017 at 8:19 PM, 3567- said:

Why would you be driving in the dark without lights on anyway.

Trolls usually do this because they feel something special if they cause a crash and make other people drive into walls in order to avoid accidents. Don't know why this is so funny, but if it wasn't we haven't had trolls.

On 4.2.2017 at 7:52 PM, Mr_Pingu said:

dont know how many of you remember the scrolling ADS in chat well instead of scrolling ADS what about scrolling rules 

Actually, I do not play that long but I've seen some screenshots from players' ban histories which show those messages. I.e. I would like the idea as a reminder every hour. Because the yellow message needs to pop up just once every 19:00 o'clock and every hour until 7 o'clock (ante meridiem) this message would appear.

On 4.2.2017 at 7:43 PM, smokywarfame said:

I don't know if this is possible, because it's not night for everyone at the same time (i think). So some people need to get that notification, and others don"t

Even the time between different servers is pretty precisely synchronised (only about 3 minutes difference). So there actually is night for everyone at the same time if we do not take the winter mod into consideration. If it is disabled again, all players will experience night at the same time.

I decided to colour the text above like a pen because it is then easier to read it underneath the quotations.

Kind regards ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.