Introduce the place you live at

T.Rucker

58 minutes ago, CodeBLU said:

It's pretty unlikely you had heard of Maple Valley before this post...

Believe it or not, but actually i have (well, kind of), as there was a racetrack called Maple Valley Raceway in a Forza Motorsport game, i have played a couple of years back - and i always enjoyed the scenery there as well. :D

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

16 minutes ago, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

Believe it or not, but actually i have (well, kind of), as there was a racetrack called Maple Valley Raceway in a Forza Motorsport game, i have played a couple of years back - and i always enjoyed the scenery there as well. :D

Alas, that wasn't based off of Maple Valley, Washington. I played (and still play) Forza and always wondered about that, looked it up a while back. The track is completely fictional, but a developer said it was based off a rural part of New England he lived near. Such a beautiful track though, was my favorite in Forza 3. :D

I live in Miami, Florida, United States. It was incorporated in 1896 (121 years). 

1030px-Downtown_Miami_Panorama_from_the_

It has cool places. It's on the coast. Spanish is mostly spoken here. The state is ranked 3rd for most population. 

Demonym

Floridan or Floridian

Demonym for Miami

Miamian 

Named for

The Mayaimi

been here for 1 year+

creator of would you rather

owner of ats and ets2

I live in Saint Malo, located in northwestern France called Britanny (basically the Scotland of France, because a very important independant mouvement take place here) ;)

lqRa6lA.png

qX3PuYQ.jpg

I will try to be brief about the history even if there is much to say, Saint Malo was at its peak in the days of the corsairs in 19th century. The elite of the French Corsairs was born here, like the famous Robert Surcouf, a statue of him take place in the walled city and one of the largest submarine of the French Navy of the WW2 was named in his honor.

xXJS5Xn.jpg

3341.jpg

Surcouf Submarine

So, the city have a great maritime history, and today the sea is still one of the important source of the economy.

6Ud81zF.jpg

A Russian (I think :ph34r:) ship in the In the Duguay-Trouin unloading basin

The most interesting part of the city is the ancient walled city of course :D

GFrOKu7.jpg

38951858.jpg

Many tourists comes from UK, Italy, Belgium in summer to visit this part of history, and ejoy the sun on the beachs. B)

07CZ8jH.jpg

Now let's talk about the other part of the city. In constant renovation, like the train station built in 2005.

GsrykwG.jpg

The strange Cultural Center La Grande Passerelle, where you can found a library, cinema, arcade games, restauration...

Jp9U8oE.jpg

There is also an hyppodrome, pretty rare in France so I think it's important to present it. 

FwVlJku.jpg

I think i present you the most important places of Saint Malo, well you're see, this city is a strange mix of ancient culture and "all new" ^_^

Yes, France isn't just Paris, we have also other very interesting places to visit, Paris is overated.

(btw sorry for my english, i''m French after all, make long sentences is difficult for me ^^)

Those are some really nice pictures @KillBones, especially the medieval parts of your hometown look really nice. That submarine just looks terribly wrong though, as if a huge caterpillar has fallen on top of it and can't get away anymore... :D

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

I live in Hong Kong 

Hong Kong was a colony of Great Britain before the July 1st, 1997 and it's now a Special Administrative Region of China.

You may think that people in Hong Kong usually speaks Putonghua/Mandarin......but sadly you're wrong

HongKongers speaks Cantonese and English as the main language, but most people can speak Putonghua as well.

hong kong的圖片搜尋結果

As you can see from this photo, Hong Kong is a concrete jungle, you can also see a building called " International Finance Centre", which is the 2nd tallest building in Hong Kong, and also the building that Batman jumped off in the movie "The Dark Knight".You can also see the Kowloon Peninsula and the Victoria Harbour in this photo.

Another thing which is very interesting in Hong Kong is its public transport.Everyday the underground ( known as MTR, Mass Transit Railway ) are full of people...

相關圖片

If you are a big fan of British buses, then you must come to Hong Kong, because most of the buses in Hong Kong are from Britain

hong kong bus的圖片搜尋結果

and also the double decker trams in Hong Kong Island...

hk tram的圖片搜尋結果

there's still a lot of interesting places in Hong Kong to visit, like the HSBC building, The Peak, the Hong Kong Airport (VHHH), Tian Tan buddha,Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui......

• 3 weeks later...

Archived