Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

[ARCHIVED] Chat Open And You Did Shift+Tab? Look Here To Fix It!

Hello Everybody,

I am here to tell you that there is a fix to having 'Chat' open and then clicking 'Shift+Tab (Steam Overlay)' while stopped making you unable to do anything!

What you have to do is drag your cursor to the 'Route Advisor' then the 'Yellow Telephone (F7/Services)' then click the 'Call For Assistance Button' and there you go it will teleport you to the nearest service which clears the freeze and chat and you're able to go again :D

VIDEO TUTORIAL (With Subtitles/Captions):

Hope This Helps You!

Regards,

SgtBreadStick.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

vkdg7t.jpgbanner

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @SgtBreadStick,

thank you for showing this because it is very useful, indeed! How did you actually figured this out?

However, I was wondering whether the freeze is already cleared after clicking that yellow phone once? I mean, do you have to necessarily call the service teleporting you to the next service station?

Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards ;)

• 4 months later...

I have found some bad news for some people for this tutorial. People who "force" hide the Route Advisor (The option in settings to hide it completely) will not be able to do this as it will not show the Route Advisor in the F1 Pause. I only just found that out which is kinda annoying. I will hopefully find a second way of doing this without having to restart game. Sorry for any inconvenience.

P.S. I will probably make a second video on how to get rid of it.

• Upvote 1

vkdg7t.jpgbanner

• 3 years later...

Hello there,

This guide will be archived as this bug was fixed a long time ago, and this guide is no longer necessary. If this problem still persists for anyone, feel free to use the remainder of this guide or contact our Support Team!

- Phon

TruckersMP Community Manager

• Upvote 1