[SCS Blog] American Truck Simulator heads towards New Mexico!

SCS Blog

ATS_1st_anniversary_Blog.jpg

Today marks one year anniversary of American Truck Simulator's release. When we started working on the game way back several years ago, it was with a tiny team of five people, and still we were not sure if we can sustain the development. But we persisted, and were rewarded by a very strong launch on the market and a warm reception by the community as well as gaming press. This gave us the confidence to bolster the team and raise our ambition for the scale of the project.

At this moment, over 20 people focus solely on ATS development; an internal team plus a network of full-time contractors. Still it is not enough. We are well aware that the game's fans would like to see more content, more vehicles, more game features, more optimizations, faster progress. To make this possible, we keep growing the company - our vision is to at least double our production bandwidth for both American Truck as well as Euro Truck 2. We have been adding a few new people to the company pretty much every month during 2016, and we'll definitely keep on growing through 2017. All this new talent does and will make a difference that you should definitely notice.

We are happy to confirm that the next map expansion for American Truck Simulator will be the state of New Mexico!

red_rock_04b.jpg

bailor_peak_05.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
ECvIG3k_y9I

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

^

Of course there will be! And I am excited! Though to be honest, I'm wishing mostly for Oregon to come soon but hey! It's another state to explore! :D Can't complain about that!

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

Some Easter eggs they can include is Las Cruces, NM atomic bomb site. The first atom bomb was made and created in the desert of  New Mexico along Las Cruces and Alamogordo. There are many Indian tribes located throughout New Mexico and there might be Easter eggs regarding that as well. I know many mestizos located in New Mexico with both Indian and Spanish descent ever since Spain came to the New World. Especially in Carizoso where it is culturally present.    From the looks of it, it looks like they are also going to add security checkpoints. Take a look at the last photo, it seems like a security border patrol checkpoint. Can not wait! 

Maybe UFO in Roswell :D

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

I want a Breaking Bad cross-promotion with ATS in honor of New Mexico! I would love to drive Walter's ugly Pontiac Aztek. :lol:

New Mexico should be a nice state, though. Most people think of it as 'just another desert state' but there is a lot there to see. Excited to see what the ATS team can whip up!