What are the punshiments on swearing in chat??

[VIVA] Ben

• [VIVA] Ben changed the title to What are the punshiments on swearing in chat??

Same thing here... Got banned for saying "Idiot" in chat, I got unbanned after 1 month; I reported three people saying "Idiot" in chat and all the three reports were been declined for "Not an insult, also insuficient context in evidence"...I got banned for this:

Spoiler

And my reports were those:

fsixpOL.png

WXcPb06.png

But the best answer is "Not an insult".

R5Kb2RS.png (3rd report)

Bah... I don't know what to think... I'll complain (again) at the feedback e-mail.

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

2 minutes ago, Sysgen said:

Alex, yours was before it was said to not ban for Idiot. We do not anymore. It is a kick. 

Benny, yours is worth 1 or 2 days depending on contexts.

But I still have my bans... I'll complain and I'll try to take them away if NOW it's only a kick. Thank you.

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

Haha I know this really good :)

Alot alot of my reports are getting declined because admins say "only kickable offence", and this is the difficult part about it. Every admin works on reports with his own mood. There are accepted reports that are just crazy lame and there are also like real a**holes on the street and admins only say like "only kickable offence".

The thing here is before I save my recording I always think about: Okay, would an admin accept this as a report? If not, then it's not worth it. 

Remember that you can always request another review of a declined report if you think the decision of the admin is incorrect by sending a request to the feedback address.

10 minutes ago, Alex [ITA] said:

But I still have my bans... I'll complain and I'll try to take them away if NOW it's only a kick. Thank you.

Bans that happened before a change of rules will stay, a change of rules has no effect on bans applied before the change.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Honeslty i think being kicked or banned for swearing is kinda dumb anyway. I mean for the most part we are all adults. yea there are lots of kids to but come on really how bad is a word.I swear A LOT i can't help it,my kids hear it. so what. They don't run around cussing because i do. If ppl can't teach their kids to be respectful it's not the words fault. Yes i understand if it's being used to insult someone yes by all means but for ppl like me the F and S words are like basic english i can't help it i don't do it on purpose i just do. 

^^^ I swear a lot too, but I do it out loud (my neighbors must think I'm crazy). It's not the same as opening the chat or pushing the CB radio button, these are premeditated actions. I'm driving, some reckless driver rams my truck and flips it sideways, if an admin could hear me at that moment, I'd be banned forever. But I never swear or insult using the chat or the CB radio. I need to stop for a moment before I start typing or simply reach the V key (driving with steering wheel, keyboard is behind it so it's not immediate to press a key). That moment is enough for me to know that I don't want to type/say what's in my mind, but something "neutral" instead. It's not worth it to be banned yourself when it's the other guy who should be banned.

About the "kid rated game" used to justify the bans for swearing, that's a bit of a joke. The game is 3+ y.o. rated for the single player, the multi player has no rating at all. And by what I hear over the CB radio, kids in this game don't need adults to teach them how to swear or insult people...

You've got to think about the notion of 'Crime of Passion' in these sorts of cases.

Was the guy saying idiot to another person just a sudden rage impulse that they got?

The thing is though is that this mod doesn't have an age limit which means that 7 year old's can play if they want to, because of this it is important to have good measures in protecting these kids from abusive language (particularly on the CB), this is why I feel that swearing and bad language in general towards other parties is not allowed.

It is based on the case in hand, no case is the same (or some are in this game in particular) so the sort of punishment would need to be decided upon based on the actual case in hand.

I've raised this before, calling someone an "idiot" isn't a ban or kick offence. Yes, it's a slight insult - but if someone is doing something idiotic then calling them an idiot isn't offensive it's just stating a fact. 

For example, if someone comes round a corner too fast and crashes - Calling them an idiot isn't bad.

If you cuss whilst calling someone an idiot, then I'd understand (f****** idiot, for example). But it should be a warning first (that is logged) and a kick later.

There's an issue with the current mod system though, in that admins cannot see what is logged on a users profile in respect of warnings, kicks and bans - whilst they are in game. If there was a way then maybe admins can make better judgements. But each admin can only do what they think is right in respective of the rules.

Sometimes, admins can be quite stressed at the amount they're dealing with and can get it wrong or be harsher than they perhaps should be. But raise it and discuss it.

Honestly, I see so much cussing, racism and insults thrown around on MP and it's mental. I don't think swearing is an offence personally (it's time people get used to it... we all do it regardless), but insulting someone using offensive terms, is.

To add my own experiences with this issue, I have had several declined reports as well. But on the other hand, it was a lesson for me and I won't report users anymore who say supposedly profane words.

Even as I thought "dickhead" would be something like an insult I wasn't aware that it would be only a kickable offence.

However, if it comes to reports on the homepage, my experience is that @WooQash bans almost everybody for anything with very harsh punishments whereas other admins don't easily ban people even if it is very obvious that e.g. someone drove the wrong way. For instance, WQ bans 7 days for dangerous overtaking and admin XY bans 3 days for it (just sayin').

However, it always depends on the situation and it someone is not satisfied it is always possible to contact upper staff :)

Kind regards ;)

@Anriandor Every admin can decide the offence for the first three bans. We usually change the ban duration depending on the situation, I don't really like to write what my punishments are, but to give an example to you, I usually (means that it depends on the situation) ban 3 days for overtaking at DC and I add 4 days to it if the player blocked and/or rammed someone, so you have to see what happened first before deciding if a ban duration is excessive or not.

Back to this topic, @bennybeyy, punishments for the first 3 bans are at admins' discretion, as I said. What is sure is that "idiot" only is a kickable offence (and there are some other words I won't write about, since they depends in which context they are wrote), but using "idiot" with other swearing words can become a ban.

Generally speaking, a ban for insulting can go from a kick, up to a permanent ban in very rare and extremely inappropriate situations. So everything depends on who bans and what is being written in the chat.

I don't monitor the chat all the time to see who's swearing, especially when I have to focus on the road. There's been times that people said really bad words and I didn't even realize it. Honestly, to be ban worthy, it really depends on the context, and the word selection.

Looking at the list of all my reports, most of them are Ramming, Wrong Way and Reckless Driving. If the user noticeably broke multiple rules including profanity, then I would take the time to report him/her. 

KkdaC1b.png

Hello,

Umm... Could some ENGLISH people tell us the difference between an "idiot" and "stupid" ???

As far as I know "idiot" or "stupid" is not a profane word in English, and it is just lil' bitty insulting? English (does not matter if there are so many Turks or Poles or Russians) is still supposed to be the main language for ETS/ATS MP, am I right?

Remember, the whole community is so international, that they have no other English words to express their kind feelings before pressing F7, and I personally know, that "REC" and "Reported" gives the team hard times. In my humble opinion, no matter admins nationality, they should ignore the "idiot" and "stupid" , and focus on the cause of the situation, which obviously they are unable to due to numerous reports.

PEOPLE,UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER. PLEASE.

Archived