Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What are you driving IRL?

This is a thread for you to share what you drive in real life and stories behind it! Your car, maybe even a big rig... anything is game.

I personally drive an old clunker 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan (believe they are known as the Chrysler Voyager in much of Europe). It's quite honestly a mess and technically is not very legal to drive... the windshield is cracked, the power steering is dead, driver's window is not working, no A/C, check engine light, ABS light, occasional out light... hoping to get something better to drive soon. It was the family van ever since I was born, has a big emotional connection with me, it will be tough to part with it.

The van driver......

6MMat29.jpg

Never gets out of the box......

xe7jgTb.jpg

[images from online sources ~ visually similar but not actual car]

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Not my pic but same car

GOLF MK6 TDI

Used to have a black MK5, but that hit it's 10 year mark and slowly things started to fail. Would still have it, but MOT's are so harsh so thought time to upgrade.

Love it, great fuel economy, easy to drive. Hates going slow ;)  

Gonna remap it for fuel economy. With that, driving sensibly could achieve up to 60mpg, and the performance increase would be quite good too. 

IMAG0542.jpg

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Glad to see everybody doesn't have junker old family minivans like I do! :lol: Interesting to see how different car preferences are in the US from in Europe and beyond.

^^

True but we ordered the older gen because there's so much new technology in the new ones that can cause malfunctions and errors etc and our customers rely on that we load and deliver our goods on time since we drive dairy products supplying the northernmost part of Norway and all its stores with milk and all other dairy products and microwave food etc. My truck is soon 1 year old, it'll turn one in april this year and we're trading it in when it's 3 years old so I suppose I'll get a new gen then, hoping for an S580. By then Scania should have been able to solve any minor errors and malfunctions with the new gen if there is any. :) 

That's what desire is, the need for what we can't have.

The need for what's readily available is called greed.

Nice ride, @Noxii. To be honest, i'm actually glad it's not a next-gen Scania, as the interior of that may be pretty nice, but i just can't really get used to the exterior looks of it. The shape of the front is just way too flat in my opinion, it rathers seems like somebody took the cab from an old-gen model and slammed straight into a wall with it... :S But i guess in the end it's all about the reliability, engine performance and ride comfort i guess, so Scania may not be the worst option in these regards... ^^

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

I am only 11 years old so I can't drive and don't have a car. Our family cars are BMW X1 (2014) and Audi A4 Avant (dunno which year, probably newer than 2010). I usually get to school by tram or bus though, since my parents don't have enough time to drive these 15 kilometers.

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

On 2/2/2017 at 5:18 PM, CodeBLU said:

Glad to see everybody doesn't have junker old family minivans like I do! 

real junker here :troll:

that cargo van looks like this inside

06KAn1t.jpg

pros: mid engine RWD manual trans, fun to drive. good visibility. CHEAP. heating seat -- engine under driver seat!

cons out of factory: no power steering. no AC. no airbag. no ABS. 4 wheel drum brakes.

cons after 3 years: rust. noisy as hell. heavy clutch. hard to get in gear. soft brakes. horns fail. seats lack support.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

SprinterFS.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived