Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Mod breaks windows

ki11kin9

Question

So I was in game when it all of a sudden stopped responding. I tried the usual, reinstall... But when I restarted my PC I couldn't log into my local account. Windows generated a temp account, I tried everything to recover windows however I still couldn't log in. Having the concussion of I had accidentally downloaded something I shouldn't have, I reinstalled windows. I reinstalled all my programs and drivers, everything was fine. I then decided to play ets2mp but didn't have the mod due to the reinstall. I downloaded the latest launcher from the main site. 

At first I was having problems installing the mod through the launcher. The launcher kept on stopping at random files. I eventually managed to complete the install, I didn't launch the game as I was installing an audio driver, the driver required me to restart my PC, after my PC restarted, I was prompted with the logon screen - entered my password... then out of nowhere windows couldn't log me in, it put me back in a temp account. I uninstalled the mod through the temp account and singed out. I could log in. 

Whats the issue with the mod and how can this be fixed? 

7 answers to this question

Hi @ki11kin9,

If you have reinstalled your system I would highly recommend finishing doing that before anything else. i.e.

1) Install windows

2) Install anti-virus (microsoft security essentials is good enough if not use avg free or avast free)

3) UPDATE windows fully

4) Install all drivers (see this web page)

5) Install other programs such as office etc and update them

6) Install steam and games

7) Run CCleaner and reboot afterwards

8) Run Windows Disk Cleanup and reboot afterwards

9) Then install multiplayer mod

The temporary account maybe linked to a windows update as I know .net does this.

Login into your administrative account you created during Windows installation and delete the other temporary account to fix this issue.

ps: Which windows version are you using?

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

1 hour ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

Hi @ki11kin9,

If you have reinstalled your system I would highly recommend finishing doing that before anything else. i.e.

1) Install windows

2) Install anti-virus (microsoft security essentials is good enough if not use avg free or avast free)

3) UPDATE windows fully

4) Install all drivers (see this web page)

5) Install other programs such as office etc and update them

6) Install steam and games

7) Run CCleaner and reboot afterwards

8) Run Windows Disk Cleanup and reboot afterwards

9) Then install multiplayer mod

The temporary account maybe linked to a windows update as I know .net does this.

Login into your administrative account you created during Windows installation and delete the other temporary account to fix this issue.

ps: Which windows version are you using?

I've basically done all of this, I appreciate your advice.

8 hours ago, ki11kin9 said:

I've basically done all of this, I appreciate your advice.

Which Windows version are you using?

Do you have .net installed?

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png