Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

ETS2 XBOX360 Controller not detecting buttons in Keys/Buttons

Guest Svennohz

Question

Guest Svennohz

So my XBOX 360 controller detects the LT and RT for gas, and then sticks to steer, but it doesn't detect all of the other buttons in the Keys/Button section. When I press a button to assign, nothing happens

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Svennohz said:

The Input Wizard test is working, the only section that isn't working is the Keys & Buttons section. :(

Try the following before reinstalling:

Make sure your game is not running!

1) Navigate to Documents > Euro Truck sim 2 > Profiles > [select your MP profile]

2) Delete the file "controls.sii"

3) Reload your game, go through the input wizard and set your controls up now :)

If that doesn't work, definitely reinstall it in another usb port :)

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

13 minutes ago, Svennohz said:

Donc, mon contrôleur XBOX 360 détecte la LT et RT pour le gaz, puis colle à diriger, mais il ne détecte pas dans la section Touches / Touche tous les autres boutons. Quand je presse un bouton pour assigner, rien ne se passe

Hello, make sure at the beginning that your controller is connected to the game, and if not check that you have correctly selected controller in the parameters, to be able to parameterize. :) 

Guest Svennohz
21 minutes ago, Yoyo_ManSg said:

Hello, make sure at the beginning that your controller is connected to the game, and if not check that you have correctly selected controller in the parameters, to be able to parameterize. :) 

It is connected at the start of the game, but still not working

1 hour ago, Svennohz said:

So my XBOX 360 controller detects the LT and RT for gas, and then sticks to steer, but it doesn't detect all of the other buttons in the Keys/Button section. When I press a button to assign, nothing happens

Hi @Svennohz,

1) Check your game controller settings within Windows

2) In game go through the Input Wizard to test all your controls work in game

3) If they don't, I suggest uninstall the driver, reboot (important), re-install your xbox controller but plug it into a different usb port :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

Guest Svennohz
27 minutes ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

Hi @Svennohz,

1) Check your game controller settings within Windows

2) In game go through the Input Wizard to test all your controls work in game

3) If they don't, I suggest uninstall the driver, reboot (important), re-install your xbox controller but plug it into a different usb port :)

The Input Wizard test is working, the only section that isn't working is the Keys & Buttons section. :(

Guest Svennohz
8 hours ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

Try the following before reinstalling:

Make sure your game is not running!

1) Navigate to Documents > Euro Truck sim 2 > Profiles > [select your MP profile]

2) Delete the file "controls.sii"

3) Reload your game, go through the input wizard and set your controls up now :)

If that doesn't work, definitely reinstall it in another usb port :)

It worked, thanks!