Logitech G27 Steering Wheel Issue

grizzbear

Question

Hello,

If anyone else has a G27 or even a G29 I would very much appreciate your help.

I went to set up my G27 and I have the pedals working but not the wheel. In the Logitech Profile thing I test the wheel and everything is working (even the wheel). But when I get into ETS2 I turn the wheel about half way and it turns really fast all the way to the side. I've tried everything, I've watched countless videos and I can't seem to find a solution. I know making a new ETS2 profile might solve this but I do not want to do that considering how much progress I have made on my main profile.

If you have any help or tips I would appreciate it. Thank you!

15 answers to this question

Hello,

Try deleting your "controls.sii" located on your Euro Truck Simulator 2 profile.

This gif shows you how to do that.

http://imgur.com/m4bydmT

• Upvote 1

How to Report   Supported Mods   Launcher Error Solutions   Rules  Ban Appeal   Contact Support

In case there is a problem where I can help, feel free to contact me by PM.

have you checked your settings in game to make sure that they are set correctly in case you haven't seen this video this video helped a few of my friends out with getting it working

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

1 minute ago, grizzbear said:

Hello,

If anyone else has a G27 or even a G29 I would very much appreciate your help.

I went to set up my G27 and I have the pedals working but not the wheel. In the Logitech Profile thing I test the wheel and everything is working (even the wheel). But when I get into ETS2 I turn the wheel about half way and it turns really fast all the way to the side. I've tried everything, I've watched countless videos and I can't seem to find a solution. I know making a new ETS2 profile might solve this but I do not want to do that considering how much progress I have made on my main profile.

If you have any help or tips I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Hi @grizzbear,

I have a G29. I know what your issue is. It is an easy fix. You do not need to create a new profile.

Within game there are two settings called Steering Sensitivity and Steering non-linearity. These are the settings you need to change. Test them in game.

I would recommend going through the input wizard again though to be honest as it may help you solve your issue quicker.

See the following video for aid:

If you need further help, feel free to message back :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

9 minutes ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

Hi @grizzbear,

I have a G29. I know what your issue is. It is an easy fix. You do not need to create a new profile.

Within game there are two settings called Steering Sensitivity and Steering non-linearity. These are the settings you need to change. Test them in game.

I would recommend going through the input wizard again though to be honest as it may help you solve your issue quicker.

See the following video for aid:

If you need further help, feel free to message back :)

I matched his steering settings with mine and im still having the same problem.

The symptoms you got may indicate that you have bound the wheel's axis to digital steer left and digital steer right. Can you make the screenshot of all key bindings in the game?

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Right what I would do is reinstall your wheel completely because it may be a hardware fault. Stress may be. It probably isn't as Logitech wheels are very well built.

To check this follow these steps:

1) Unplug the wheel, the pedals and the shifter (if you have the latter).

2) Uninstall the drivers and software via Control Panel > Programs and Features.

3) Reboot your PC (important you do so)

4) Download and Run CCleaner 

5) Reboot after doing step 4 (important)

6) Reinstall the drivers and software required (get it direct from the Logitech site). Make sure to run the executable as admin (right click the installer and select run as administrator)

7) Only plug in the equipment when instructed to do so by Logitech instructions (see Getting Started manual http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel#download).

Note: If you can try and use a different USB port than before

8) Re-run the Input Wizard in game once the wheel is installed

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

The screenshot of the key binds is used to verify if you haven't made any mistake, such as binding "joy left" to "turn left" bind, etc. While you turn the wheel the game listens on "joy left/right" input (if bound to any key/button bind) by converting analog input to digital one. Once it gets over 50% of the control, the game handles the bind as if the key/button was held down, which explains the sudden movement of the steering wheel to either side.  

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel