Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Would you recommend joining a VTC? If so, why?

pete_agreatguy

Recommend joining a VTC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Recommend joining a VTC?

In my opinion, joining a VTC could be one of the best steps you could take in this community. Not only does it allow you to meet a range of different people, but you will experience a great community feel once/if your VTC decides to join or host events such as convoys, truckfests and the range of community activities supplied to you by certain individuals. 

Personally, I love the feel of being in a VTC rather than being on your own. If you take a look at Smalley's post above he perfectly states both the advantages and disadvantages of joining a VTC which I can agree on. The key point to why I believe you should join a VTC is the fact of the community feeling of being around many people and experiencing the vast diversity of people you may possibly meet along your time in the company. 

It would be a nice experience for you to try it and I wish you the best in your search! :) 

Depends on wether you play the game sirious or just for the fun, Most VTC's require experienced drivers.

Joining a VTC can be fun, most of the time you won't drive alone. And convoy's can be really funny.

But, Whenever you join a VTC. Keep in mind that they're playing the game like it is supossed to be. Most VTC's require you to change your paintjob, ingame name and more. VTC's require active members.

You can check a list of VTC's here.

Well, i think in the end it just depends on your personal opinion and preferences, even though i think that joining a VTC (if it's the right one) only brings advantages. In my early days of ETS2MP i just drove all by myself all the time, but to be honest, at some point i just needed a change, especially seeing bigger convoys of VTC's regularly made me a bit jealous. So i decided to give it a try and there's nothing i regret about this. If you find the right VTC, where you don't have to be on every single day and join every bigger event that's run by the VTC (i know, this is an extreme example, but unfortunately i get the impression like there are several ones out there that don't get that this game is actually about having fun, not about forcing their members to participate at event after event), you can even drive all by yourself every now and then if you don't like driving in company with other truckers constantly.

You just have to be carefully selecting the VTC of choice though, as there are some extreme examples that demand ridiculous things from their members, some others are just pure kiddies whose main intention is just to troll around on the servers. Finding the correct group may not be the easiest thing in the world, but once you've accomplished it, you'll never regret it. In my case i was very happy from the beginning, as i joined a great community where i made lots of new friends and our activities even go beyond the trucking genre. I wish everyone who is searching for a VTC was as lucky as i was, but unfortunately you hear way too many horror stories as well.

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

On 1/28/2017 at 2:49 AM, Smalley said:

Okay there are a few disadvantages when joining a VTC for me

Advantages: 

• Driving with friends
  • Meeting new people
  • Help the company out with ideas 
  • Help the company out by growing   
  • For you it could be doing jobs for the company
  • Representing the company (Taking part in events & convoys) 
  •  

Disadvantages

• For me- Submitting jobs. I'm not so keen on submitting jobs. I do not enjoy it. 
  • Majority of the companies enquire you to drive in their paint jobs even when off duty. 

These are some advantages & disadvantages which I mainly use when It come to picking a VTC buuut we all have different thoughts and ideas some people may not agree with this and I know they don't.

Adding one more to the list: Annoying drivers and drivers who don't like you, TRUE FACT, someone in my VTC doesn't like me

76561198206943368.png  If my post helped, don't hesitate to click that green up arrow! ^_^

@JeKnYan But to be fair, i think that's rather an exception. I mean, i've already seen a couple of members in the VTC i'm in that weren't the most popular ones around, but usually that just came from these people being absolutely reckless drivers on the road that worked pretty hard to gain that reputation. And those people actually didn't stay very long within the VTC. Usually in a good community it's also very important that the interaction between it's members is on a good basis and that people actually get along well together. If that's not the case without any logical reasons, you may be in the wrong VTC... ;) Of course it's normal, that you usually get people you spend more time with than with others, as it's completely normal that you have more similarities with those guys compared to some others, but all in all there shouldn't be problems with other VTC-colleagues.

signature.png

VTC's add a sense of Workmanship to the game in my opinion especially the ones that use Job tracking like VTM (Virtual Truck Manager) so they require you to abide by the rules and to deliver your trailer without damage etc. Also they are good for if you want to just have a bit of a drive with a few people do some deliveries and have some laughs while doing it. A VTC makes the game feel more yummy like eating a good pizza. This does depend tho on the company you join and their experience in the game as well as how serious they take the game as well

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

As there are different kind of people so exist different kinds of VTC's. Some demand driving and hangout with the group, some VTC's allow you to drive alone as long you record your job with them. Most VTC's offer some trial period. I'd suggest you to browse the VTC calls, find one which suits you most and do a tryout. Many VTC's organize public convoys you can participate in and see how you like the VTC.

Bored? The Calais-Duisburg didn't change and your friends are going to convoys weekly? Join a VTC!.

There are certain VTC's that require a lot of hours online and you need to do certain things, be online at a certain time, etc. They take it too serious. If you like driving in a group and meet new people you should join one. Look sometimes on the official convoy site and look at the VTC's that host the convoys and try to contact them. 

PS: Visit my profile if you want to be a part of a VTC.

The thing is though that public convoys aren't by any means a valid indicator whether or not a VTC is competent/good/a nice place to be or not, as some are not hosting public events for good reasons. Usually these big events are just a magnet for trolls to arrive, so i wouldn't really build an impression about a company just in regards of the events they're hosting/not hosting. Just scroll through the VTC sub-forums or if you see some drivers from a VTC by random in-game just ask them whether or not you could join them for a drive, i think that's the best way to see whether or not you feel comfortable there.

signature.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2017 at 6:02 AM, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

@jd_maxpayne, I want to be able to do some convoying so there is a reason to join one.

@Yoyo_ManSg, thank you for your advice :)

@Windows95.exe that is the sort of VTC I am wanting to join, could you PM the web site link for this VTC?

message me about a cool laid back vtc with automatic logging 

I've been in a neat VTC for over 5 months. Well to me it seems more like a small gaming community. It was neat, didn't have to wear VTC's colors outside main events. There was lots of channels in the TS, couple people to talk with.

But honestly, with all the events that occurred plus me being usually a lone wolf type of person, I've left Wolfpack Force Gaming. It was a personal choice, so don't let that discourage you from wanting to join it.

If you're into social interactions, I'd recommend joining a VTC, but you have to look at what it'll give you and what they expect from you.

KkdaC1b.png

It depends on the person. I've never joined a VTC but as I understand you have to be in communication every 2 minutes on mic and that doesn't appeal to me, like others have said I am in the minority of driving alone without the hassle of shouting down the mic, just the way I like to play. VTC is not for everyone I guess but I know 1 thing they developers of the game seriously need to improve companies in game and give us something to work towards.

• 2 weeks later...

I would advise you to join one, but the thing is I didn't get such a good reputation from doing this. I hopped from one to another without question . So then also be advised of people who are very annoying

• 3 weeks later...

Archived