Do you overtake slow drivers at C-D  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you overtake slow drivers at C-D

• YEs
    • No

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overtaking on the Duisburg-Calais road is allowed.

Rules:

Inappropriate Overtaking

• Overtaking in an area of extremely low FPS, in areas with large amounts of traffic such as in Europoort, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any 1 lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic.

So if there's not heavy traffic and the overtake is safe (safe distance, no one hit etc.), overtaking there is completely fine. I don't know why you think it's not allowed to overtake there at all and who said that, but overtaking in that road is fine as long as you're not overtaking a traffic jam, causing a crash while overtaking or almost hitting someone when doing an overtake (=reckless driving).

On 25. 1. 2017 at 6:06 AM, ItzJChan said:

I was wondering about the others in this community if they overtake slow drivers while driving on C-D. Personally, i don't overtake at C-D due to the danger of causing a collision, and its a small road.

If the driver is driving at ~50km/hr, then I wouldn't overtake. I haven't seen any driver driving slower than 50km/hr

You haven't seen any driver driving slower than 50km/h? You are probably driving only two times a month :D When i go from Calais to Dusiburg, here are more than 10 driver, which is going 50km/h all the time..:/ So I overtaking when i see clear befor slower truck.. Whether it's driver, which is going 100km/h, 80km/h. It´s my opinion.

Yes, but only if the driver I want to overtake is driving much slower than me. Overtaking someone who is driving only 20km/h slower doesn't make much sense because of all the traffic jams and the maneuver would take way too long to be considered safe. But most of the time I'm the one who is being overtaken, because of the lag on my laptop :/

Sometimes when server is quite full, I have lag problems, even if there are not many players around. I am driving normally most of the time, around 40fps, but then fps fall to around 10fps or even lower, for around 10 seconds. After that it goes back to ~40fps.  And it repeats every few minutes. It is very annoying and also causing problems, if there are players after me. Anybody have similar problems, and what to do? And my ping is usually not high, even when start lagging, ping stays normal. 

• Game Producer
4 minutes ago, [SLO] edinboss77 said:

Sometimes when server is quite full, I have lag problems, even if there are not many players around. I am driving normally most of the time, around 40fps, but then fps fall to around 10fps or even lower, for around 10 seconds. After that it goes back to ~40fps.  And it repeats every few minutes. It is very annoying and also causing problems, if there are players after me. Anybody have similar problems, and what to do? And my ping is usually not high, even when start lagging, ping stays normal. 

I don't have this problem, but I suggest that you post your question in the help section

13 hours ago, MariankaJeTop said:

You haven't seen any driver driving slower than 50km/h? You are probably driving only two times a month :D When i go from Calais to Dusiburg, here are more than 10 driver, which is going 50km/h all the time..:/ So I overtaking when i see clear befor slower truck.. Whether it's driver, which is going 100km/h, 80km/h. It´s my opinion.

I joined last year during July last year, I didn't drive around the C-D area that much. Now most of my jobs are around C-D.

9 hours ago, [SLO] edinboss77 said:

Yeah I get this issue as well. I have a pretty bad GPU (NVIDIA GT 625) so it explains it. But its fine for me, I can handle it. What GPU do you have ?

On 5. 2. 2017 at 5:13 AM, ItzJChan said:

Yeah I get this issue as well. I have a pretty bad GPU (NVIDIA GT 625) so it explains it. But its fine for me, I can handle it. What GPU do you have ?

I have ATI Mobility Radeon 4600 series, quite old now. I can also handle it, but there are problems when players behind me don't keep safe distance, so there are many accidents.

My answer is Yes and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Let me explain...

First, it's a road like any other roads and it is allowed to overtake when it is safe to do it.

You can overtake when:

• There's very low traffic
  • No one is coming
  • You have plenty of room in front
  • You can speed up fast enough/have enough momentum
  • The driver in front is very slow/lagging

You shouldn't overtake when:

• There's lot of oncoming traffic
  • There's a traffic jam
  • You're in a blind turn
  • There's an intersection/turn coming
  • The driver in front drives dangerously

Please be careful if you intend to overtake/undertake someone who crashed or partially blocking the road. The best option is to slow down and make sure there's no one else coming.

Those are just personal recommendations to avoid being kicked/banned.

KkdaC1b.png

Archived