93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you overtake slow drivers at C-D

• YEs
    • No

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25.1.2017 at 7:56 AM, heyhococo said:

I'd expect that poll to be all "No" given that it's against the rules to overtake on C>D road. ;)

I would expect that everybody says NO as well due to It is NOt allow to overtake in D-C road, at least you want to get banned for that. LOL.

Cheers

Max

Depends on the speed what the truck is driving, If it is below 20KM/h, I'd overtake.

Although it is currently not allowed to overtake on the C-D road, Just make sure you keep an eye on TAB to see if there's any upcomming traffic.

I don't recommend doing it, it is at own risk. I think the admins don't consider it as reckless driving.

If someone is just driving at the speed limit, It isn't that smart to overtake. 

Please note that horning, screaming in CB and using light signals won't help.

And, drive safe :P

First things you learn in TruckersMP troll  driving school: If overtaking is generally forbidden by the in-game rules, if you're driving through a corner where you can't see oncoming traffic, if you got a double solid line and/or if there's oncoming traffic up ahead, you have the freedom to overtake at any given time as the other trucks have the responsibility to avoid a crash anyways.

But back to serious things: I don't think that the majority of drivers really overtakes just straight away, it's more the case that the ones doing so are more likely to catch up to you and perform an overtake on your truck as well. Sitting in the casual traffic jams on Calais-Duisburg road, most of the people actually behave quite well, but there's just a few that didn't get the memo and try to overtake the standing trucks, last time they even tried it off-road until they realized that they couldn't get through due to a barrier and had to reverse all the way back to the end of the traffic jam. I also get the impression that some players don't have a clue about rules in real-life traffic, as last time people honked angry at me just because i had a give-way sign and let the trucks from the crossing, that definitely had the right of way, in. This just cost us approximately 30 seconds, which just made me shake my head as i don't really get what those guys are actually constantly in such a hurry for...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

On 25.1.2017 at 6:06 AM, ItzJChan said:

I was wondering about the others in this community if they overtake slow drivers while driving on C-D. Personally, i don't overtake at C-D due to the danger of causing a collision, and its a small road.

If the driver is driving at ~50km/hr, then I wouldn't overtake. I haven't seen any driver driving slower than 50km/hr

It depends on the Rules. On all MP Servers are the European Traffic Rules valid. Also the Rules by TMP.  The other Thing, no Speedlimiter activated does not mean, Go as Fast as possible. By the Way, this is a Trucksim with manys of different Truck. One is Shiny, having a normal powered Engine and a Skilled Player who know how to Drive a Truck. He´s obeying the Speed Limit and going along the Road. And there are "the Others", they can´t understand that, there are Players who respecting the Rules, the Speedlimit, respecting each other Players and do not Overtaking, on high Traffic Areas, with a Crowbar between their Teeths.

"The Others" are well known as "Trolls" and Trolls loving Areas like D-C, Rotterdam, Duisburg or EP.

So what can you do?

You can Deal with it, or You stay away from theese Areas. You can play on Euro1, there is the Speedlimiter on and the Most playing this Game like a Trucksim with realistic Settings. But there will be less "Action" like on EU2. Or You play on EU3, there are also no Speedlimit but it is a little more "Quiet" there.

Personally only times that i see fit to overtake on that road is 

1. If someones trolling infront of you and constantly slamming their brakes for no apparent reason

2. If the person infront of you has serious lag issues

3. if the person infront is driving reckless and to avoid myself from being caught up in said chaos ill try to overtake if not possible ill pull over for 5-10 seconds to build a gap between us

Other than those reasons i dont see any real reason to have to overtake on that road as the dangers are quite clear. I see alot of people tho who seem to not have any patience in the world would use the grass as their own road what happens here is they either crash into a truck who is pulled over and stopped or crash/flip their truck due to the grass not being a steady smooth path. Theirs also the issue of the ones who overtake and pull in to early because of uncoming traffic. 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

1 hour ago, Krypton418 said:

I don´t overtake on D-C Road, because it is a baneable offence. :) 

Depending on the situation it is bannable if the area isnt populated and you see that it is clear to overtake you can do so. What makes it bannable is if it is very busy and you overtake even when you see a dot on the map coming towardsyou and in your mind your thinking you can make the pass thus causing a ramming situation. other than that you will just receive a kick and that is if the area is populated. as said by @Trucking Australia in a different topic

You can get rid of any reports that are just for someone overtaking straight away because we will decline those straight away since you should only be getting kicked for it if it is dangerous/high populated area and then if it is just someone overtaking and it is a clean overtake then there is nothing wrong with it.

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

8 minutes ago, Truckerpilot said:

Depending on the situation it is bannable if the area isnt populated and you see that it is clear to overtake you can do so. What makes it bannable is if it is very busy and you overtake even when you see a dot on the map coming towardsyou and in your mind your thinking you can make the pass thus causing a ramming situation. other than that you will just receive a kick and that is if the area is populated. as said by @Trucking Australia in a different topic

You can get rid of any reports that are just for someone overtaking straight away because we will decline those straight away since you should only be getting kicked for it if it is dangerous/high populated area and then if it is just someone overtaking and it is a clean overtake then there is nothing wrong with it.

Ye but if you wan´t to be save it is better if you don´t overtake ;) 

1 hour ago, Krypton418 said:

better if you don´t overtake

True but their are some cases where you have no choice but to overtake like truck stopped in the road slower than speed limit moving vehicle etc 

TruckerPilot

I would advice against overtaking on the C-D road. Not only because high amounts of excessive traffics can be found in some parts of the road, but also because the fact your overtaking maneuver can't always be done safely and smoothly because of the oncoming traffic. The times I overtake there is for the safely of myself (laggers in front of me, keeping distance won't always solve this problem as you can't always calculate the delay time of the one lagging), as I don't want to be concreted into the floor so I have to start from the beginning of the road (Duisburg) or Brussels (excessive amount of traffic) or Calais (many trollers and inpatience drivers there at the service station). 

But when overtaking, it takes experience to estimate your chance of overtaking and that depends on:

1. Your own speed (I have a speed limiter of 90 km/h as I always sign a contract via World of Trucks, so for me overtaking won't always result in a proper maneuver)

2. How crowded the area is (there are parts on the C-D roads where you can much rather expect oncoming traffic such in curves which counts as an overtake limit anyway and the overpass or railroad crossing)

3. If it's safe and rational to overtake (I would much rather overtake someone driving slowly and lagging to avoid any more dangerous situations for the traffic behind me then someone who isn't lagging but driving the actual speed limit on that road which is very rare)

On 28-1-2017 at 1:18 PM, Swedish_Trucker said:

Off course I dont overtake on C-D, its against the rules!

It's against the rules to overtake truckers caught in a traffic jam and indeed overtaking in areas with low FPS or excessive traffic (so I won't overtake at the beginning, when approaching the overpass dividing the routes to Rotterdam, Calais and Brussels or when approaching the railway, but overtaking in the mangeable parts of the C-D road must be fine right?). And basically it is allowed to overtake in a intermittent line (solid lines are to be found where one isn't allowed to overtake), as the European law applies. The road Calais - Duisburg is actually quite long, and there are only a few parts where excessive traffic can be found because the fact they have to yield (such as the mentioned overpass where traffic comes from or to the highway, or the railroad crossing). As I said it depends on the experience of the driver self to calculate if overtaking can be done quickly, safely and smoothly. The reason admins prefer not to overtake on this road is to avoid those who don't have experience with driving causing dangerous situations as it's only an one way lane. How much I had to dodge the overtakers by steering directly into the roadside as they couldn't see the oncoming traffic (which is very weird as they added the handy blue dots on your navigation months ago so you can see the traffic approaching), or those overtaking in curves where you can't judge properly if it's safe to overtake or not..   

2 hours ago, Truckerpilot said:

True but their are some cases where you have no choice but to overtake like truck stopped in the road slower than speed limit moving vehicle etc 

I agree with the case of the stopped truck on the road, but why for god's sake is it 100% necessary to overtake a truck that's driving slower than the speed limit? As long as he's not crawling with 5kph on purpose in order to block the following trucks, you may just step a bit down and enjoy the scenery. You know that driving a bit slower can actually be pretty nice? Plus, if you're traveling on Calais-Duisburg at primetime, you have to be prepared for long traffic jams anyway... Sorry for my reaction about it, you may have wanted to say something else with your words, but quotes like these just make me go crazy every single time, as they obviously come from a person that actually didn't get what a truck simulation is about (Just a small hint: It's not about setting a new high-speed record...).

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

1 hour ago, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

but why for god's sake is it 100% necessary to overtake a truck that's driving slower than the speed limit?

Going slower than the speedlimit isnt the problem the problem is that theirs a certain (decorum) for example i sometimes drive 50KM in a 60Km just cause i like to go in the outter cam and look around a bit but if your going to be doing 30-40KM thats a bit to slow and for example if a truck is speeding behind you at that speed they will crash into you another example. IN real life believe it or not its actually illegal to go a certain speed under the speed limit the cops will pull you over and question you and then determine whether or not to ticket you for Impending Traffic. Also if you ever see me in game doing deliveries the most ill do above speed limit is 5-10KM above so i dont drive recklessly or drive too much faster than what the speed limit calls for 

TruckerPilot

I don't overtake on C-D roads as this seems dangerous, and particularly AGAINST the rules of the game. I wouldn't want to get banned. But there are some cases when the trucker in front of you is seriously lagging and you don't know when his truck is gonna move. In that case, to avoid damage to my truck and cargo, I simply overtake if there is no oncoming traffic. There is also the other case when you are running late on a delivery. Some aimless drivers also do a lot a lot of brake-checking, and when you attempt to bypass them by showing your indicator and flashing your lights or honking, they come into the overtaking lane. So when you get a good chance which is also safe, I overtake them. Otherwise, I stick with the rules.

As stated in the rules, traffic and common sense has a lot to do with whether or not someone may overtake in a place like the C-D roadway. Although this may sound redundant, the best way to prevent a collision is to really think about traffic conditions and considerations before making a decision. If traffic in the opposite direction is excessive, you'd have to travel at dangerous speeds to pass, or your frame rate is low, then it's likely a good idea to not attempt a passing maneuver. 

At the same time, if the only other truck within 5 kilometers is the one in front of yours, and they are travelling at well below the limit, nothing would prevent you from overtaking them, except for a 'no overtaking' zone.

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

8 hours ago, Detective Adachi said:

As stated in the rules, traffic and common sense has a lot to do with whether or not someone may overtake in a place like the C-D roadway. Although this may sound redundant, the best way to prevent a collision is to really think about traffic conditions and considerations before making a decision. If traffic in the opposite direction is excessive, you'd have to travel at dangerous speeds to pass, or your frame rate is low, then it's likely a good idea to not attempt a passing maneuver. 

Exactly that. As I said it takes experience to calculate your chance of your overtaking maneuver, such as space and speed. Call it a gamble but this overtaking action went well for a moment untill the trucker in front (purposely) brake checked the other trucker overtaking: 

I was driving slow (40-90 km/h) today and everyone was overtaking me, it was horrible, I was counting the accidents and in the end there were ~10 accidents or almost-accidents when overtaking me... I didn't cross the whole road though, so I think in the end it'd be about 15 accidents...

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

On 28/01/2017 at 7:22 AM, ItzJChan said:

Yeah your right.

Yesterday, I drove C-D (Haven't driven there for 2 weeks) and its chaotic there. Players overtake and crashes, causing a big queue, some convoys have been parking in the middle of C-D, people refusing to give way... Theres just too much trouble in C-D right now. I think there needs to be an autoannouncement on the chat about overtaking in C-D as clearly, people cannot read the rules

Three quarter that answered no don't drive on C-D road :P  And people don't read announcements either or don't understand English at all.

As few drivers said already when I catch someone I'll let them drive in front as they'll take head on accidents caused by reckless drivers from opposite direction.

Archived