Do you overtake slow drivers at C-D  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you overtake slow drivers at C-D

• YEs
    • No

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to overtake sometimes but not that often and only when it was safe on that road when it was much quieter and it was allowed but now with the traffic jams and with the high amounts of traffic on that road now I don't as its just too busy and also not allowed. The only time I would possible try to overtake now is if someone was going extremely slow like 20mph but even then I would be a hesitant to and would probably just sit behind them and not risk overtaking. Before it was possible to overtake as it was busy but not so busy but now its busier then ever and mostly impossible to overtake (hence the need for the no overtaking rule) Its not worth risking a ban. Even when you could overtake on that road I wasn't one of those people that would just come speeding up and overtake so fast and without even slowing down cutting in to avoid crashes (amazing how some of those people went around corners like that overtaking without crashing :o)

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

I like letting a random trucker drive in the front. When a troll wants to Ram someone directly head on, it's usually the guy in the front and not me. :D Tested this method quite a lot. And my friends usually stay in the backside, so behind is covered as well...

CBVtAjW.png   76561198031787813.pngAddFriend.png

I try not to but there have been occasions when I have been required to, the latter mainly being due to a crash up ahead or some unforgiving player parked in the wrong spot :)

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

6 minutes ago, [GB]pete_agreatguy said:

I try not to but there have been occasions when I have been required to, the latter mainly being due to a crash up ahead or some unforgiving player parked in the wrong spot :)

Passing a stopped or parked vehicle is not called overtaking by defintion.

Overtaking is the procedure when two vehicles drive on the same road in the same direction but with different velocities and the faster driving vehicle passes the slower driving vehicle.

Nope and never will as overtaking in C-D can get you banned. It is usually best just to wait for a admin to kick them. Like two days ago I probably waited like 10mins just to get on a highway on the C-D road because of overtakers and people crashing.

When it isn't C-D I generally try not to overtake. 

People need to learn some patience as it always causes more problems when some unforgiving person "jumps the queue". 

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

It's amazing how the NO is totally owning the poll and how when you're on that road you can't stop seeing people overtaking all of the time. I guess that only the serious players visit the forums regularly and take the time to answer polls like this while the rest just go on that road to keep overtaking :lol:. My answer is also NO, as I usually drive by the speed limits (yes, even on that road) and doing that is almost impossible to overtake anyone.

47 minutes ago, FernandoCR said:

It's amazing how the NO is totally owning the poll and how when you're on that road you can stop seeing people overtaking all of the time. I guess that only the serious players visit the forums regularly and take the time to answer polls like this while the rest just go on that road to keep overtaking :lol:. My answer is also NO, as I usually drive by the speed limits (yes, even on that road) and doing that is almost impossible to overtake anyone.

What you see must be the other 10 percent! ;)

On 1/26/2017 at 2:19 AM, FernandoCR said:

It's amazing how the NO is totally owning the poll and how when you're on that road you can't stop seeing people overtaking all of the time. I guess that only the serious players visit the forums regularly and take the time to answer polls like this while the rest just go on that road to keep overtaking :lol:. My answer is also NO, as I usually drive by the speed limits (yes, even on that road) and doing that is almost impossible to overtake anyone.

Yeah your right.

Yesterday, I drove C-D (Haven't driven there for 2 weeks) and its chaotic there. Players overtake and crashes, causing a big queue, some convoys have been parking in the middle of C-D, people refusing to give way... Theres just too much trouble in C-D right now. I think there needs to be an autoannouncement on the chat about overtaking in C-D as clearly, people cannot read the rules

I'll only ever overtake if the truck in front is having serious lagging or de-sync issues. If it's too busy to do that and dangerous, i'll just pull over somewhere safely and let a few minutes pass before driving again so I'm not behind that particular driver.

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

Archived