LED message board

fidget3306

Suggestion Name: LED message board
Suggestion Description: There should be an LED message board in the rear and maybe even the front window of pilot/ police cars. These could be used to warn other vehicles of a convoy, ask them to pull over, ask them to slow down and thank them for their patience. You could make it so the messages were from a pre determined list, to avoid people sending inappropriate messages.

Any example images:   Related image

Why should it be added?: It should be added because it is a system used in real life and would add some more realism to the game. It is after all a simulator.

A lot of work for very little use. This won't help control traffic, or warn of convoys in anyway. This is what the In-Game chat is for, and this is the best way.

Yes its a Simulator, but a game can't cater for every little thing. Its really not needed, and won't help anything In-Game.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

20 minutes ago, fidget3306 said:

ask them to pull over

In this point, I see another reason for trolls to impersonate law enforcement staff and act like a police car while they are not an admin.

Even though the idea isn't that bad, I do not agree with your and I don't want it to be implemented because it causes even more lags than the beacons already do.

For singleplayer gameplay, however, it would be appropriate.

Kind regards ;)

Edit: I like the car in the image, though :D

Yes I am aware that most players do not use pilot cars correctly, but should that stop things for others.

9 minutes ago, Anriandor said:

In this point I see another reason for trolls to impersonate law enforcement staff and act like a police car while they are not an admin.

Even though the idea isn't that bad, I do not agree with your and I don't want it to be implemented because it causes even more lags than the beacons already do.

For singleplayer gameplay, however, it would be appropriate.

Kind regards ;)

Fair point, but the suggestion of asking them to pull over was just that. A suggestion

As much as it would be cool to have them, we all know players would not use them correctly and it would be a waste of effort.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

Like @Anriandor said above, I also think that trolls would exploit this. It is quite easy to tell if there is a convoy around online as it is :)

@Trucking Gekco also made a very good point which I also agree with; in that, you would need to be close to able to read what was on the LED board. It is also a distraction as well from what you should really be doing - i.e. keeping an eye on the road.

Nice idea but -1 from me.

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

Sure people drive cars around for no purpose, but seriously, people would know what the car is doing by the time you can read the sign. 

If there is a convoy in front of the car then obviously it's piloting it, you don't need a sign telling people that. If the car is driving alone then obviously they are just driving and if they are in fact piloting some sort of convoy then they are doing a horrible job at it considering you should be WITH the convoy not miles behind. 

The way the system works IRL is the pilot is behind, and another in front, of the oversized load that you can physically SEE. Still don't need a sign to tell people that. No LED signs where I am from yet we still know when an oversized load is there and what the purpose of the pilot car is. 

On 1/25/2017 at 2:10 PM, Trucking Gekco said:

there is a convoy in front of the car then obviously it's piloting it, you don't need a sign telling people that. If the car is driving alone then obviously they are just driving and if they are in fact piloting some sort of convoy then they are doing a horrible job at it considering you should be WITH the convoy not miles behind. 

I think more or less what he was trying to say is put little neat gestures and thank you's in it like thank you for slowing down or lets say convoy car is slowing down the sign would come up saying slowing down so the truck behind knows or right turn stuff like that

This would be pretty neat but would be used out of context 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

On 01/02/2017 at 11:35 PM, Truckerpilot said:

I think more or less what he was trying to say is put little neat gestures and thank you's in it like thank you for slowing down or lets say convoy car is slowing down the sign would come up saying slowing down so the truck behind knows or right turn stuff like that

This would be pretty neat but would be used out of context 

That is exactly what I was trying to say, Thanks Truckerpilot. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done with it being used out of context, because unfortunatly trolls will be trolls, but that should not spoil things for the rest of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.