Bug: Horn getting stuck while typing in chat (got banned for it, too)

Funkenstein

I would like to report a bug which I've experienced twice by now, both caused when playing with a keyboard (and those keys attached to the keyboard)..

I was in the hour traffic jam of the feared road Duisburg - Calais again, just doing my usual route.. We've been sitting through the chaos of the jam with overtakers, trollers and chaotic situations of ghost drivers for a half hour straight so I was very pleased to see an admin coming online. So, just for a joke I typed: "Half hour of no admin and this is the result!".. Then my horn got stuck just when I sent the message, and I am almost sure it is because I pressed the 'H' button which is my common horn button. I wasn't used to this sound anymore as I always use my airhorns when honking on purpose (can be seen in the video under this topic when someone rammed me coming from the highway), so I couldn't know it was me horn spamming as I didn't do it intentionally! I realized it was me when it was too late, as I got a two day ban for doing so (ironically enough, this is the same ban limit a rammer who earlier intentionally rammed me I reported via the Forum report system including the video evidence got).. To save my fellow keyboard truckers from the pits of hell (the ban void), I would like to make everyone aware of this bug. 

As I said it's the second time I've experienced something similiar.. Once I was in the same route (different traffic jam) when someone PM'ed me that I had to turn off my lights because it was shining in his mirrors (not high beams, I never have my high beams on with oncoming traffic as the European law applies with that, I do have driving experience of my own in RL because of my driving license). So I set my lights to city lights (dimmed lights) and PM'ed back: "is this clear enough for you?", while I accidentally pressed the same buttons used for the reverse (common button: S) and cruise control (common button: C) and somehow I got the 5 km/h traction (the minimum requirement for the cruise control tolerance) and got stuck in reverse accidentally hitting the car behind me.. I reversed my truck in panic to the sideroad, hitted the parking brake (as it was still going in it's reverse and couldn't be resetted) and explained it wasn't intentional via chat (fixed the problem strangely enough). Fortunately enough, at that time I was lucky enough to have the all-seeing eye of an admin above me who knew about this bug and didn't banned nor kicked me but sent me instead to the service station with his teleporting power. But as you'll see in the video, I wasn't too lucky this time and justice was served for a year long (as long as I started playing the ETS2 Multiplayer) clear of ban history. And; as I already said, ironically justified with the same length an intentional troller will get when you report him/her for ramming via the official webiste report system.

Also, a small bug but worth mentioning: when one presses CTRL + Enter to minimize the game and head back to the game and types in chat using the button 'V', when you copied a text earlier it's apper (like CTRL + C for copying and CTRL + V for pasting). Not sure if this is on purpose, but it is quite annoying when you're not expecting it..   

The video regarding the horn getting stuck while typing will hopefully speak for itself (title is because I'm still waiting for the admin to remove my unjustified ban), sorry for the typos throughout the explanation as I was in a rush to have my video uploaded within the two day ban limit as it'll expire after two days (yes, I can wait that long but as I said it wasn't justified as I didn't spam on purpose):

• Upvote 2

Yeah... It's a bit annoying... This happens too if you accelerate/brake/steer/press enter to refuel the truck (with keyboard) and then you open the chat. I think that you can be unbanned because it's a bug of the Multiplayer Mod.I hope you'll be unbanned! :)

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

Thanks, the email will certainly help! Much appreciated. 

But I'm not here for the ban appeal though (already sent a ban appeal via the official website), I just wanted to make folks aware of the disadvantages of driving with a keyboard and how it could get you banned for something that is a bug ingame.. Something similiar I've experienced with the tag bug where you activate all keys attached the driving behavior of your truck (obviously when playing with keyboard controls), which got me in trouble as I was stuck in reverse with my CC.  

Regarding the ban appeal (my own problem) is solved now (much appreciated for the quick response of the concerned admin!) for the interested ones.

Not too sure about the bug itself, so for that I'll leave it here so it can be noticed and hopefully prevent others from being banned (or aware admins and my fellow keyboard drivers about this bug).

Thanks to all who reacted! Helped me a lot :) 

ban appeal.jpg

It's not very clear to us why this is happening, myself I think it's just an input glitch and I guess the only work-around is to avoid pressing buttons when you open the chat.

I'll push this thread to will be solved, hoping it'll get fixed one day as there is no apparent reason what is causing this.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.