Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

shuts pc off randomaly even at the start HELP

crf50mike

why would ram shut my pc off?

the operating system loads important files onto there during start up and as you open more programs more files get loaded. When the contacts are dirty it will cause for the computer to have issues loading it in properly. The best way to clean is with isopropal alcohol NOT rubing alcohol. This will get most of the dirt off the contacts. Also make sure the ram is fully seated.

sig_crazyforiphone.jpg

every modern computer has a hidden system setting that when the motherboard reaches a certain temperature the computer automatically shuts down to prevent further damage and may i ask how far away your pc is from the nearest wall or if your computer is in a cabinet keep the cabinet door open when using your computer so your computer can expell the hot air

YouTube_logo_2013.svg.png

i can play farcry4 all day long and that gets hots and this game is not as powerfull as farcry I really don't get it ??

Well you need to do something yourself and not just tell us that you can play farcry. We don't have wizard powers to see what's wrong when you say "my PC shuts down" without any more information

Ea2GOtu.png

Add this to your signature!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea2GOtu.png[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

if its not a slow shutdown but a sudden lost of power check your (oversized) 1000w psu and the cables to the board. i could be the psu is faulty or the power cables to the board or cpu power isnt connected so good.

also if it is a sudden power lost your board could be damaged. maybe a burnd chipset.

sysp-73354.png

I had a similar case to this on my gigabyte motherboard. Turned out that the southbridge chip had failed. Check for exessive heat on the southbridge chip. If it's very hot then you need a new motherboard.

the symptoms I had was random reboots and shutdowns, even at the Bios. I went mental and watercooled the chip (lol) and got 3 more months out before it failed completely. I got a refund under warranty.

System:

Linux Mint 18.2

I7-4790K

GTX 1060 GB

16GB RAM

256GB SSD

• 4 months later...
  • Matt unlocked and locked this topic

Archived