CB Radio - Tried Many Solutions

LetsChief

Question

Hello, I have tried many solutions and I still can not hear others through the CB Radio even though they can hear me. I don't even see anyone's names pop up on the top left when they talk.

-Uninstalled/Reinstalled Realtek Audio Driver

-Made sure audio devices in use were set to default.

-Uninstalled/Resintalled both ATS and ETS2

-Uninstalled/Reinstalled TruckersMP

-Checked settings in Tab, where I manually changed both input and output devices, turned up the voice volume to max and even lowered sfx volume. "Show Speaking Players" is selected even though the speaking players never show up for me. Again, they can hear me, but I can't hear them.

Any more suggestions? Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

Hi, Have you test update ur driver for ur soundcard ?

Have you test use other headet ?

Install all windows update's

Test this steps i gave you :)

-----------------

Mr Decker :)

Does sound work through the device you are trying to hear others through within Windows?

I would start by checking the volume settings within Windows first.

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

4 hours ago, LetsChief said:

I appreciate you guys "trying" to help, if I can call it that. At the very least maybe try reading the OP before giving advice that was already done in the OP without any further insight.......

If audio works fine within the Windows environment then it is a game issue of some sort.

Are you sure you have volume of the device in Windows set to 100% and the same in the multiplayer settings?

I'd also select the device within the multiplayer settings, rather than setting it as default.

I have no issues either way personally.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

You know how a person who is talking's name will show up as they transmit? THAT IS NOT HAPPENING. (yes, I'm on the proper channel.......)

I've checked all volume and device issues. It can't be a volume issue because THOSE NAMES DO NOT APPEAR ON MY SCREEN when testing their transmissions.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Here are some guides from the community that you may find helpful,

With regard to the issue of names not showing up when players are speaking on the CB, there is an option in the graphics settings of the mod to show these names.

If you look at the image below you can see on the graphics tab there is an option called 'Show speaking players' right at the bottom, check that in order to see which players are speaking on the CB.

D9FArAm.png

If this does not solve your issue then I would highly recommend that you delete the ETS2MP folder in documents and make a complete re-install of the mod.

I don't think this is gonna help but won't hurt taking a look.

download.jpg

Rundialog.png

on above window, type dxdiag, press ENTER.
Navigate to Sound tab and see if your sound device is listed in there.

------------------------------------------------------

If your PC has 1 sound panel behind the case, 1 panel on front of the case. Have you tried unplugging all mics/headphones from front panel and just using the rear panel and launching the game?

If you have a front panel, make sure to read this post as this could cause issues:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/p/19518793/20421849#20421849

@Dwarf04 - well thought of!

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy
  • Upvote 1

76561198116137604.png