Launcher Extremely slow download speeds!

Question

Hello all,

I have been having problems with the launcher and it is that the download speeds are freaking ridiculous.

I have a 1 Gbps connection and yet the launcher is failing to download, even if it downloads the updates it would

be at a snails paste. Occasionally I would get the error "An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
Press OK to retry.", I never had such problems before this launcher was introduced.

I have tried reinstalling TruckersMP, deleting all traces of TruckersMP from my system, re-downloading/installing the

launcher. Nothing has worked, I even tried changing my DNS (Google 8.8.8.8) and forcing a Proxy from my ISP. I even disabled

my anti-virus Firewall and enabling/disabling Windows Firewall. I completely have given up on this launcher thing.

Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated in resolving this issue.

Many thanks,

Certified_Trucker

7 answers to this question

Hi

I got the same problem when i downloaded the wintermod with 4g (speedtest = 7 mo/s) but i downloaded at 350 ko/s

But only after the download get crashed. I restarted the launcher and its now i downloaded too slow before that i downloaded at 7/8 mo/s

And this for all update after that.

For fix it i just totally uninstall truckersmp and ETS2 and reinstall

Works for me

When i only uninstall truckersmp and reinstall i got the same issue but after reinstall ETS2. works.

maybe Luck ? I didn't know but if you haven't any solution, you can try :')

• Upvote 1

Hi guys I have attached my speed test and the results are good, I have done a ipconfig /release and renew. I currently have TruckersMP installed on me SSD and have tried installing it on my hard disk and it has made no difference.

Capture.PNG

Hello all,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to reply. I have solved the issue by clearing all traces of TruckersMP and reinstalling ETS2, somehow it worked and solved the issue. I also think that the cause of this was that I tried to download the update the day it was released and I think the servers were overwhelmed. The download speeds are now true and correct.

Best regards,

Certified_Trucker