Launcher Extremely slow download speeds!

Go to solution Solved by uBreaky,

Question

Hello all,

I have been having problems with the launcher and it is that the download speeds are freaking ridiculous.

I have a 1 Gbps connection and yet the launcher is failing to download, even if it downloads the updates it would

be at a snails paste. Occasionally I would get the error "An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
Press OK to retry.", I never had such problems before this launcher was introduced.

I have tried reinstalling TruckersMP, deleting all traces of TruckersMP from my system, re-downloading/installing the

launcher. Nothing has worked, I even tried changing my DNS (Google 8.8.8.8) and forcing a Proxy from my ISP. I even disabled

my anti-virus Firewall and enabling/disabling Windows Firewall. I completely have given up on this launcher thing.

Your help and assistance is greatly appreciated in resolving this issue.

Many thanks,

Certified_Trucker

7 answers to this question

• Solution

Hi

I got the same problem when i downloaded the wintermod with 4g (speedtest = 7 mo/s) but i downloaded at 350 ko/s

But only after the download get crashed. I restarted the launcher and its now i downloaded too slow before that i downloaded at 7/8 mo/s

And this for all update after that.

For fix it i just totally uninstall truckersmp and ETS2 and reinstall

Works for me

When i only uninstall truckersmp and reinstall i got the same issue but after reinstall ETS2. works.

maybe Luck ? I didn't know but if you haven't any solution, you can try :')

• Upvote 1

Close any background apps consuming internet bandwith like Google Drive or Adobe Creative Cloud and try again. If still doesn't work restart router and switch to Cabled Internet if you are using Wifi to rectify the problem

It could be that your hardware driver is failing on you for wifi/ethernet .

Hello all,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to reply. I have solved the issue by clearing all traces of TruckersMP and reinstalling ETS2, somehow it worked and solved the issue. I also think that the cause of this was that I tried to download the update the day it was released and I think the servers were overwhelmed. The download speeds are now true and correct.

Best regards,

Certified_Trucker