Max amount of beacons

Marc [NL]

Hello,

Suggestion Name: Max amount of beacons auto-kick
Suggestion Description: My suggestion is to add a script that will kick you if you have more than 2 beacons on your truck.

Any example images

Why should it be added?:

I report ingame alot of people who have trucks full with beacons everywhere and no admin take action about it.

2 beacons and the bigger orange lightbar should be allowed.

As long as nothings will change about it the lagg and chaos will remain at garages and high frequent roads.

Yesterday admins were screaming they kick people who use beacons on Calais-Duisburg road but no 1 got kicked...

Edited by Marc [NL]
  • Upvote 3

I have seen Admins recently kicking people who have been running beacons on the Calais-Duisburg road. Admins would first give a warning before kicking anyway.

Something like this may work nicely, but if you think that putting a automatic kick if you use too many beacons will stop the lag, your mistaken. People will still use beacons, no matter how many they have.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

25 minutes ago, Marc [NL] said:

Yesterday admins were screaming they kick people who use beacons on Calais-Duisburg road

Hello @Marc [NL], I guess you are referring to the Europe 2 server where @El1teZombiezHD wrote that this is prohibited.

The same day, I was watching his stream and there he explained for whatever reason that he will also take action against those violators if they're getting reported.

Exactly that is, what I've seen when passing the C-D intersection near Brussel. A lot of blue chat messages saying someone was kicked from the server by both, @El1teZombiezHD and @LIGHTOFGOD.

However, your suggestion isn't actually a bad one but you should consider that beacons are not the only problem causing lags and a lot of people who do not know about the forum and do not read the rules would be pretty mad if trying to attach 3 beacons and having to restart afterwards. Whatsoever, I'd give you neither +1 nor -1 because I am of the opinion, that it isn't quite necessary but a still a good idea.

Kind regards ;)

^ @Anriandor Even though a person does not know/actively use the forums, he or she has no excuse for not knowing about potential new or updated rules. When you go to the TruckersMP website, the official game rules will pop up every time they've been updated or a new one has been added (or you're a new user). So when you agree to the rule set, you've confirmed that you've read through them and accepted that you may be punished if you're breaking any rule(s).

So I don't see any drawback in the suggestion from that argument.

However, I don't support the suggestion though, as in my opinion, it would be unecessary as there are already existing rules pointing at such causes.

My truck has just 2 rotating beacons and I only switch them on when hauling one of the Power Cargo DLC trailers (those with a 70 Km/h speed limit sticker on the rear) and that's because with those trailers, I rarely drive faster than 70 Km/h, the beacons are a warning for people to know that I'm driving slow (even on highways, where most other players drive faster than 100 Km/h). Now, this would be a problem on the C-D road, as I'm not allowed to use that warning, but... I stopped using that stupid road several weeks ago so no risk of being kicked or banned. Anyway, even when there's a rule about a max number of beacons, there's also a lot of players who break that rule (I never report them as I don't think it's usually so harmful as to deserve a kick/ban) and this suggestion would make them aware of the rule and modify their trucks to fit if they don't want to be constantly kicked from the servers. +1 from me.

Edited by FernandoCR

We allow more beacons than that. We don't want to impose too strict limits on the number of beacons, and as such the max number currently is equal to the max amount of beacons you can have on a truck without save editing.

If you have lag issues you can disable beacon effects in the game/mp settings.

However, setting low limits on number of beacons will have a negative impact on the community as we have a lot of players who like customizing their trucks or seeing other players customized trucks, and beacons are a part of that.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

10 hours ago, Anriandor said:

However, your suggestion isn't actually a bad one but you should consider that beacons are not the only problem causing lags and a lot of people who do not know about the forum and do not read the rules would be pretty mad if trying to attach 3 beacons and having to restart afterwards.

9 hours ago, Leff12345 said:

^ @Anriandor Even though a person does not know/actively use the forums, he or she has no excuse for not knowing about potential new or updated rules. When you go to the TruckersMP website, the official game rules will pop up every time they've been updated or a new one has been added (or you're a new user). So when you agree to the rule set, you've confirmed that you've read through them and accepted that you may be punished if you're breaking any rule(s).

So I don't see any drawback in the suggestion from that argument.

However, I don't support the suggestion though, as in my opinion, it would be unecessary as there are already existing rules pointing at such causes.

I conclude from these statements that users who did not join the forums nor log in the website are not aware of the in-game rules at all.

A pop-up window with the in-game rules that has to be acknowledged before log in multiplayer would solve that problem.

• Upvote 1

^^ That pop-up window already exists. For new players, when they go to the download page, a pop-up with the rules must be acknowledged. For the rest, that same window pops up whenever there are changes or new rules and it has to be acknowledged too. The problem is that anyone can just hit the Submit button without reading them, but in any case, nobody can say "I didn't know that rule", the straight answer is: "You should, it was right there when you downloded the mod". The fact of not having read the rules doesn't grant anyone the right to break them.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Rejected.

The rules on beacons can be found here:

• §2.17 Excessive Save Editing

Modifying your vehicle to include car parts on your truck or truck parts on your car. This includes paintjobs.

Adding an excessive amount of beacons, lights, bullbars, horns, or similar to your truck and also includes any large horns or beacons on your bullbar or front bar.

When editing a truck, trailer, or other content through save editing, you must follow the Mod Guidelines.

No more beacons than allowed by the game by default, no changing the vehicles hitbox, no beacons on bullbars/bumpers or similar.

Your vehicle must be functional.

Only one full-length trailer is allowed.

The 0 ton trailer mod is not allowed since it looks like speedhack.

TruckersMP Community Bus Driver

275116735_role_GameModerationManager(2).

status.png

Reporting a Player    |    Appeal your Ban    |    Visit our Support System    |    Our Rules

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.