New Forums Section - Self Promotion

M.J.

Firstly, this is a suggestion. Many people may not think this is good, many may think it is. 

Suggestion Name: New forums section - Self promotion/media/video section
Suggestion Description: This could be a place for people to share youtube videos/channels as an advertisement to get more appreciation of their work. 
Any example images: This is an image of another forums I am apart of with this section:

5f10e55b74e17eeb10b3274a0b53c8bd.png

Why should it be added?: This would allow people to add videos of ets/ats. I understand that it could fall under a different section of the forums but if this was added then the forums would be more precise when browsing. For example, if I was looking in general discussion and saw a video it would be suited to general discussion but if that post wasn't there, you would see more relevant and important posts. In addition, I believe that it would be fairly easy to add. 

I hope this hasn't been asked before and it may sound stupid to you but I see many people post videos (which isn't a bad thing) and believe there should be a little section for these videos. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mirko9 said:

Dude,you can post here your yt videos: 

I did see that but having an independent thread for each video would allow people to expand more and get more constructive criticism etc. If you post a video there then it usually gets lost and you don't get any support.

I would like to also point out that I don't post videos that often and I would use this more to view videos and find new channels etc. Furthermore, what about other forms of media such a graphics etc. 

Thanks for your reply and support in general. Really appreciate it anyway :)

-MJ

• Upvote 1

I actually do agree with this, a special forum for Media: photos, videos, twitch streams, Picture of the month etc... and managed by the Media Team 

• Upvote 3

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

1 minute ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

I actually do agree with this, a special forum for Media: photos, videos, twitch streams, Picture of the month etc... and managed by the Media Team 

That's the one I forgot, Livestreams XD

Thanks for your contribution and support. It's a good idea that the media team could manage this!!

• Upvote 1

Very good idea, I agree.

Many people on a daily basis make posts on the forum advertising convoys, videos and live-streams etc..., and with this 'section' it would all be managed, and easy to find.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

Very good and sensible idea, I'd like to see this too :P 

jarfull.png         

This is a great idea, just having a thread cluttered with links really isn't effective. I know I'd love to see what the community has in terms of videos/pictures/media so a definite +1! :D 

Can I just thank everyone for your input and support. Can I also thank the people who gave me Rep because I have earned quite a bit just on this forum. I don't usually contribute lots so it feels like a lot of rep to have gained from one post. 

I am really surprised because I felt I would have got a lot more criticism for this post with people saying "Just use off-topic" or whatever. 

Thanks once again!

-MJ :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.