Give 5-10 seconds of non colision to a player who just logs in

Velaurius

• 2 weeks later...
On 21.1.2017 at 3:15 PM, Velaurius said:

First I want to tell you guys you did an awesome job with ETS MP, it's the solo reason I brought ETS 2, second I would like to suggest that after a player logs in the game he will have a "grace period" so when you drive with 90km/h on freeway and a random dude just spawns in front of you you can avoid taking damage.

As some of the users stated, you got to use the template.

But the idea in general is good, yet, I'd suggest to change it a little bit by adding an example.
Example:
If you are standing on the parking lot of a fuel station Ingame and you were kicked for being away for too long.
Imagine in the meantime you're back, someone is standing on your spot, his engine of course would be off.
You would have about 10 seconds to start your engine and drive off or be safe. 

My Suggestion about your idea is to make the timer a bit longer, let's say up to 1 min max. 

Sincerely, Oliste

Great idea, +1 from me.

The amount of times I've had someone spawn on me and next action that happens is I'm doing somersaults lol.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

On 30.01.2017 at 0:58 PM, Oliste said:

If you are standing on the parking lot of a fuel station Ingame and you were kicked for being away for too long.
Imagine in the meantime you're back, someone is standing on your spot, his engine of course would be off.

If you spawned inside someone's truck, there are ghost more will turns on for both of you. And you cand stand like that for hours - hothing bad will happens. Suggestion is useful, +1 from me, but non-collision should be applied also if player loaded a previous save, not only logged in.

BTW, take a look on that suggestion. It's about same problem, but suggested solution is a little different

I believe that this is already implemented, but it works only in cases when you spawn in a place where there's already another vehicle. In this case, yours will be "ghost-mode" until you are out of the other vehicle's hitbox, like @CTAKAHbI4 said above. If you spawn in the middle of the road and someone is coming on that same lane doing 90 Km/h, the crash is almost impossible to avoid. I also believe that it was made this way to avoid trolls abusing this "ghost mode", by spawning in crowded areas, driving into a truck while in ghost mode and staying there to destroy the truck when the timer runs out. That's why no time-based ghost-mode will be implemented. It doesn't matter if it's 10 seconds or 1 minute, if your vehicle is "ghosting" with another one, the moment the timer runs out both will fly or go into the ground, destroyed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an idea, ghost-mode could stay untill player leave a NCZ. If you spawn inside a NCZ, it will be as usual, you don't have to do anything, but if you spawn on the road, you need to enter a NCZ (any) and leave it to lose ghost-mode

Some troll could find a way to abuse this:

-Ghost player could drive recklessly and reduce visibility for few seconds.

-Ghost player could scare oncomming trafic by driving on their side (which could be fixed with an indication (name with a special color/an icon/truck partially transparent/alternating transparent/normal, and probably more possible ways))

On 28/03/2017 at 5:17 PM, Betjon said:

there is allready a simple solution for That: Dont log of in the middle of an Road.

I never spawn on road, you probably neither, but some players does and i guess the suggestion is about these players...

It is ghost mode, write a suggestion to add it to the respawn, eg during loading if you are already following the suggestion pattern.
Have a nice day. :)
Regards !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.