Possible solution for Schwarzmuller DLC

Cold Vodka

Suggestion Name: Server with permitted Schwarzmuller DLC;
Suggestion Description: Right now TruckersMP has a bunch of different servers, two of them are very populated (eu 2, 3), but others now rarely reach half of their capacity potential (eu 1) or somehow not so popular as the "skoda servers". So here is the suggestion: since for obvious reasons administration will never enforce everyone to own schwarzmullers, I find it quite logical to permit this dlc on one server. As #EU1 steadily loses it's popularity, it would be great to breath in it some extra life by allowing enthusiasts to do their trucking with all options they love. Moreover, it's more simulative server then others.  As for other servers, DLC will still be prohibited there. This will be a very solid solution both for people, who desire to see Schwarzmuller in MP, and for administration.

Any example images: none;

Why should it be added?: a lot of people want it.
  • Upvote 2

I can agree with @ArmiNNN because when this DLC is only activated on one single server, almost everybody wants to play there which leads to a lot of lags and server stress.

Furthermore, EU1 is the only server with a speed limiter and those who do not own the Schwarzmüller DLC will not be able to play there anymore. That's really bad considering a lot of people try to avoid the cars.

Regards ;)

39 minutes ago, ArmiNNN said:

Schwarzmuller when it had Support,will be on all servers

being a pessimist, I might say: unfortunately, If, not when.

14 minutes ago, Anriandor said:

I can agree with @ArmiNNN because when this DLC is only activated on one single server, almost everybody wants to play there which leads to a lot of lags and server stress.

Furthermore, EU1 is the only server with a speed limiter and those who do not own the Schwarzmüller DLC will not be able to play there anymore. That's really bad considering a lot of people try to avoid the cars.

Regards ;)

It not necessarily has to be eu1, that was just my suggestion, since majority of players on that server are of adult age or prefer simulation to glamorous skoda racing. It can be some eu4 server, doesn't matter. this surely will cause a minor depopulation of eu2 and eu3, so there will be less accidents. At the end of the day, people, who love to drive fast will never abandon their favourite servers for some trailer pack. Of course, there will be some hype a week or two, but then it will come down. What's more important, many people, who mostly play in sp because of banned schwarzmullers, will join our community again. Everyone happy. Ain't that nice?

1 hour ago, Cold Vodka said:

being a pessimist, I might say: unfortunately, If, not when.

It not necessarily has to be eu1, that was just my suggestion, since majority of players on that server are of adult age or prefer simulation to glamorous skoda racing. It can be some eu4 server, doesn't matter. this surely will cause a minor depopulation of eu2 and eu3, so there will be less accidents. At the end of the day, people, who love to drive fast will never abandon their favourite servers for some trailer pack. Of course, there will be some hype a week or two, but then it will come down. What's more important, many people, who mostly play in sp because of banned schwarzmullers, will join our community again. Everyone happy. Ain't that nice?

It's a nice idea but a kinda difficult to do...

For example devs set up a server (for example EU#06 without cars) only for players with Schwarzmuller DLC; I play on that server and I'm happy, cuz I have the DLC... Suddenly I want to drive a bit faster to explore some zones and I want to use the Skoda; I have to this:

• Disconnect from the server;
  • Go to Steam > ETS2 > Deactivate Schwarzmuller DLC;
  • Return to TMP;
  • Choose another server (ex. EU#02);
  • Play with car;

Oh! I want to play again with trucks cuz there's a convoy! And I want to play with Schwarzmuller!

• Disconnect from server;
  • Go to Steam > ETS2 > Activate Schwarzmuller DLC;
  • Return to TMP;
  • Choose EU#06 to play with DLC;
  • Play with DLC + Truck;

As you can understand, it's a long and boring process, that may annoy some players (as me). We should patiently wait until devs add Schwarzmuller DLC to ALL servers...

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

^ Actually, you do not have to deactivate the DLC on steam if.

You just won't be able to accept those trailers. Cabin accessories, however, can still be seen by you. Everything works fine, so no need to :)

48 minutes ago, CrashManDan said:

Im so confused right now... So we can only use Schwarzmuller DLC on EU1 at this present time and not on other servers?

You can only use that DLC in SP. You can have it enabled in MP, but if you pick a job with one of the DLC trailers, you'll be kicked out of the server, that's why it's better to have it disabled when playing MP.

UPDATE: The servers just upgraded and apparently, Schwarzmuller DLC is now supported!

Edited by FernandoCR
  • Upvote 1

^ Actually, @FernandoCR, this is not entirely true. Because you're only getting kicked when you accept an external contract using this specific trailer.

If you want to take normal jobs, you will get a message saying "This job is unsupported. Please select another job" (or anything similar). And this will prevent you from taking this cargo and being kicked. :)

1 minute ago, FernandoCR said:

You can only use that DLC in SP. You can have it enabled in MP, but if you pick a job with one of the DLC trailers, you'll be kicked out of the server, that's why it's better to have it disabled when playing MP.

Thanks man thas bit anoying just i deselected the dlc in the end as cant do any job with it loaded i only had this prob since to day lol 

2 minutes ago, Anriandor said:

^ Actually, @FernandoCR, this is not entirely true. Because you're only getting kicked when you accept an external contract using this specific trailer.

If you want to take normal jobs, you will get a message saying "This job is unsupported. Please select another job" (or anything similar). And this will prevent you from taking this cargo and being kicked. :)

I didn't know about that, I'm doing WoT jobs almost exclusively and haven't used the DLC until now, thanks for clearing it out.

The servers restarted and the TruckersMP client states that the DLC is now supported. I just enabled it and will try it ASAP (I was in the middle of a job when the servers went down, so I'll have to wait for it to finish and then search for the SM trailers) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.