Probation Period

Robcb

Suggestion Name: Probation Period
Suggestion Description

Now, since I come from another great community regarding Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Multiplayer (SAMP), I thought why simply not offer a Probation Period to anyone who gets permanently banned and, after a Ban Appeal he still won't get unbanned? I think it should work this way:

A player has a bad behavior on the forum/In-Game or both, so for some reason he gets banned and decides to appeal his ban on the forums. He still doesn't get unbanned by the administrators, but he regrets what he did, and wants to have a second chance. The administrators offer him his second and last chance to prove that he really cares about playing on TruckersMP, by putting him under Probation. Now this Probation period could last even two or three months, and during these months the user has to be active on the forums (he still can't play until the admins give him permission tho) and provide support, guides, suggestions and whatever could be useful to the community, also in order to prove his seriousness and willingness. After 3/4 of the period have passed, the administrators may decide to give to the user a permission to log in and play TruckersMP, but they will have to control him until the probation period will end.

Any example images: no

Why should it be added?: I think this system is way more efficient than the actual one, but maybe I could be wrong.

Tell me what you think about this, and if you have any questions please let me know. 

There is already a Probation period.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

8 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

If you get perm banned then you deserve it, you have 6 chances. Once you use up all 6 chances you're perm banned. If you have 5 bans used up and you go 1 FULL year from your last ban then you're back at 0 bans. TruckersMP gives the user plenty of chances.

This system is cool, but maybe too "generous" I'd say. 

It's known as cooling off period .... Quote from in game rules:

How bans are issued

The first 3 bans issued are at admin discretion. The 4th ban is 1 month. The 5th ban is 3 months. The 6th ban is permanent with no chance of undo.

Any bans further than 12 months before the current ban are ignored under this rule. This is considered the cooling off period.

Edited by [GB]pete_agreatguy

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

So, for every permanently banned player, you'd like to give them a second chance and then have an IGA (who can deal with Web reports, in game issues and real life in any one day) assigned to follow this player for the duration of their play time assuming that there's an IGA available at the time?

I forsee a major flaw in your idea.

• Upvote 3

After 3/4 of the period have passed, the administrators may decide to give to the user a permission to log in and play TruckersMP, but they will have to control him until the probation period will end.

Admins don't have time for this. They already patrol the forums/game, deal with reports, look at appeals, they are on a backlog at the moment. Why put more on their plate? -1 from me. This might work in a larger community like GTA, but is not viable here.

It wouldn't be more efficient because it'd require hundreds more admin's that can watch players- I'm assuming you don't know numbers of how many people are perm banned (That and I don't like the idea of playing with someone who doesn't know how to follow rules...)

And I'm sure I've seen this type of suggestion before

Edited by heyhococo
  • Upvote 1

It's all about the numbers. I don't play any of the GTA games, so I don't know how large the online community is, but I'm guessing that it's far larger than TruckersMP's. I'm guessing too that the number of administrators there is a lot larger than here and thus, they can have this kind of "Probation" for banned players. But as it has been said already by several users, an IGA included, TruckersMP gives up to 6 chances to change, if a player is banned for the sixth time within a year's time (permanent ban), that player went through 3 several days bans, one 1 month ban and one 3 months ban. IMO, someone that gets himself/herself banned after going through that is showing that he/she can't (or doesn't want to) learn from their mistakes and doesn't deserve to play online.

In a much larger community, with hundreds of dedicated admins, this idea could work, but in TruckersMP the way it is now, it won't. -1 from me.

• 6 months later...
  • Ashley locked this topic