Multi Millionaire overnight

vbluguitar

Just now, ArmiNNN said:

You have employees working for you.

Yeah, but I have had the game for a year and they have made maybe 400,000 dollars.  I go away for a week and now I have millions AND it didn't happen in ETS2, where I have 3x as many workers...  Is this a feature that can be turned on and off?

Just now, vbluguitar said:

Yeah, but I have had the game for a year and they have made maybe 400,000 dollars.  I go away for a week and now I have millions AND it didn't happen in ETS2, where I have 3x as many workers...  Is this a feature that can be turned on and off?

This is done automatically.

9 minutes ago, ArmiNNN said:

This is done automatically.

10 minutes ago, HapengCat said:

Have you hired drivers ?

Yes, I have hired drivers in both games (more in ETS2)- BUT now that you say that, I hired workers DURING a multi play session in ATS, but not in ETS2.  Is that the difference?

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/1/2017 at 8:35 PM, vbluguitar said:

Yes, I have hired drivers in both games (more in ETS2)- BUT now that you say that, I hired workers DURING a multi play session in ATS, but not in ETS2.  Is that the difference?

No, hired drivers work the same, no matter if you hired them in MP or in SP. The difference is that time doesnt' stop in MP. If you have more hired drivers in ETS2 and you haven't seen the bank account grow insanely it's because you probably haven't played ETS2 in MP yet. Try launching ETS2 MP, connect to the servers and without doing anything else, hit F7+Enter. If you want to keep your profile "clean", make a backup copy of the folder first. The time in your profile is from your last session in ETS2 SP. When you connect to the servers, the time is several weeks later, so when you do F7+Enter, sleep, travel by ferry/train or even just cancelling a job, the time "advances", that's when your profile's time has to catch up with the server's time and since there is a several weeeks difference, you'll get the money that your hired drivers earned during all that time. Also, you'll see that those drivers levels jump to max. Be aware that it can take several minutes, it can seem like your game froze, but it's just making the calculations.

Ever since the MP servers started years ago, the in-game time has never stopped. In SP, time stops ehen you leave the game. Therefore, you advance forward thousands of in-game years when you start MP, and the money is a byproduct of the workers' earnings during that time. Hopefully that's simple to read, the above responses looked a little complicated.

My friend had this happen yesterday. It made me chuckle. @Djinsomnia gave a very good explanation above as to why this happens:

On 1/19/2017 at 7:34 PM, Djinsomnia said:

This is because of the time difference between single player and multiplayer, 

Single player - Time freezes when you disconnect 

Multiplayer - Time runs constantly therefore you game is making up for the difference between SP and MP 

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

There are ways. You can edit your save file and set the money in your bank account to whatever value you want. You can use cheat engine to do this same thing. Or, you can start a new profile and keep that for MP only, without any hired drivers. For modifying the money, there are guides in these forums explaining how to do it, and cheat engine has its own help system (I believe, never used it). If you decide to create a new profile, make sure to do some jobs in SP first, so you can get the loan and buy your own truck before going into MP, otherwise, you'll probably find that there are no jobs to be done (this is also due to the time difference with the server).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived