Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Dirt track south-east of Ely

Zebulink{aus}

First, I found this on the TMP facebook page courtesy of Gary Johnson, I take no credit for this.

I was wondering about the Admin stance of the little dirt track that he found just to the south-east of Ely
16142989_10212138784364300_3960347066628(location white arrow)

It seems like he loaded from single player at first, but upon investigating for myself, there is no invisible wall stopping anyone from entering the track (and I completed a full circuit).

He also posted a video, and from what I could tell, the only rule he possibly broke was reckless driving, though nobody was around (not going on a witch hunt/report spree here).
https://www.facebook.com/gazcan/videos/10212138493397026/

Would this little track be against the rules to access/drive along?

PS. If you want to test it out, beware the tight corners lined with stones, and that it is a collision area

An8mXaY.png

hello Zebulink. The image you posted above cant be enhanced to see the location you are talking about and also the facebook link you posted is broken as it says the content isnt available right now would it be possible for you to use a screenshot app and re-upload the picture? so we can get a better view of where you are talking about 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Yeah, only ants can make out what's in that screenshot, I'm afraid. So here I am to save the day!

This is the location of said dirt track, marked with my player map indicator and the mouse.

Q1hWTu1.jpg

The track itself is fully usable and completely open to the player, indeed. The rule about boundaries should not apply here since this area is not blocked off by any map "walls" and it can be accessed by normal driving, even on MP. The entrance is at the start of the rail guard on a bend. It's easy to miss so you gotta pay attention.

0Wlvkip.jpg

IcOnXAk.jpg

This is the full track.

43lghfY.jpg

I went for a lap with my truck and I'll just state this right away: This is NOT recommended for racing. It is a track but the road is very narrow (about one-lane wide), it has some sharp corners, steep hills and plenty of rocks on the sides as well as cliffs. It's good for a small-scale rallying where one vehicle has a go at a time. It's definitely not suited for more than two or three at once. Cars fit better in this track (MP) but given their poor brakes and lower weight, flip and roll in an accident will be extremely easy.

IfRhr5Q.jpg

I do recommend that the staff take a look at this area and if need be, policy it. It's fun but if groups of players come to it or if an event is hosted, there could be trouble. Unlike Tucson's track, Ely's does not have any structure or space to accommodate players around.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I would think that you are allowed to drive there as their are no boundaries to regulate your or stop you from going so I would think the boundaries rules wouldn't apply in this situation but just for full verification an admin would have to say wether or no my they would permit the use of this dirt track or if it breaks any rules of the MP 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

it would appear you did it didn't show on my screen at the time I was typing up what I was typing 

28 minutes ago, Mike Dragon said:

^

That's exactly what I just said.

TruckerPilot

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2017 at 4:31 PM, Mike Dragon said:

Aqui está um pouco algo que eu rapidamente colocar juntos para mostrar o lugar e como chegar lá.

Wow, that's pretty cool, this ghost route, I was in it yesterday. One more question, is this route and released for online mode? Another thing is that there are more routes like this in the ats? thank you guys

^

Yes, it is fully accessible on MP via normal driving. If there are other areas like that around, that I do not know. We'll find them, eventually. If there are any more. Just remember that New Mexico is coming out soon, so we can expect new easter eggs around there!

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

I just gave it a go and I have to admit that it is a really well-made dirt track.

Everybody who wanted to be a rally driver can try this now without having to buy FH 3 :D

The car does not have the best physics as everybody knows but still, it is nice to slide around and get those cheeky edges and curves :P

Thanks for finding it @Zebulink{aus}

Kind regards ;)

That track should be just fine to drive on, if you want to host an event there, do search permission from the PMs first.

For drivable roads that aren't blocked off, you shouldn't worry, there's quite a few like that in eg. Scandinavia on ETS2. The out of bounds rules mostly apply to cases where you have to go roaming off road or circumvent a block (invisible wall) to get there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived