Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Regarding Calais-Duisburg Road Safety...

Racer395

Question

Everyone knows this road is accident prone because of the high amount of traffic that comes through. So to try to keep people safe from slamming into the Railroad crossing or other trucks/cars, is it okay to sit/pull over to the side of the road (Like WAY in the dirt) when incidents happen and type out to truckers "SLOW DOWN, ACCIDENT AHEAD" or "SLOW DOWN, TRAIN CROSSING"? Would I be considered excessive traffic, inappropriate parking, or impersonating administration for doing that? (And I know about the new beacons rule). 

5 answers to this question

You would be doing the following things:

• Causing Lag
  • Distracting Drivers
  • Being Useless Traffic

To be honest, whenever I see these players, I know they're just trying to help, but they are a nuisance, and drivers should be able to react to any events that may come up. This means driving defensively. 

• Upvote 2

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

Nobody would care about a random car/truck telling them what to do.

Everybody is responsible for his own vehicle and there is no need to tell people what to do. They should already have taken proper safety distance anyway according to their speed.

They should already pay attention to the road on their front.

Just an example: If I would follow your vehicle with 50 meters distance while doing 130km/h and I would ram you from behind, I can't blame you for that anyway.

Bad idea. When there is high amounts of traffic on C-D, your message will get lost in the commotion, and drivers wouldn't quite care anyway, as they will probably already be at the jam. The only way to make sure that drivers see the mess is to spam the chat - but that isn't allowed either. It would be useless and break rules.

Nothing is going to make people pay attention on that road, honestly. And you would be considered useless traffic (more than likely), because as it is, that crossing can get REALLY taxing sometimes.