Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Proposals to solve the problem Schwarzmuller trailer DLC

AlexP915

Suggestion Name: Proposals to solve the problem Schwarzmuller trailer DLC
Suggestion Description

The idea of this post is to propose ideas to solve the compatibility of the Schwarzmuller trailer for users who do not have this dlc. I propose two options:

First: This idea was not a good choice

Second option: Create an optional mod like wintermod that consists of a series of similar trailers in dimensional size to the Schzwarzmuller that be mandatory use for the users who do not have the dlc and so, although they can not take schwarzmuller cargos, they will be able to see the trailer mod when a user with the dlc is transporting a Schwarzmuller trailer. Users who have the dlc, will remove the trailer mod and thus will be able to see correctly between them.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: It is the only dlc with problems and I think modders can help to propose solutions

Edited by AlexP915
The original post did not comply with the mandatory format

Hey,

The Schwarzmuller DLC is not compatible because of bounding box issues... Basically the collision maps are different to the base game trailers.

The devs are currently having issues implementing the DLC because of this.

Also, for a multiplayer mod that has a large player count as TruckersMP... Making a DLC mandatory would cause a up-roar and a lot of arguments with players.

Suggestion Rating: -1 :( 

Hi, I know the mandatory format, but because of the nature of the message, I can not use it. As I mentioned, it is just suggestions. You have done a great job and I know you have the motivation to solve this problem.

Edited by AlexP915
Use of "they" instead of "you"

You will have to follow the format, otherwise this topic will be (re)moved.

About the topic itself, we can not force our players to buy a DLC. Our developers are working on it situation, it just takes more time then expected, please have some patience.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

We cannot force everyone to buy a DLC just because those of us who already have it cannot use it in MP.

In my opinion using mods with the same collision models as replacement (the 2nd option) is the easiest solution, however due to the nature of MP, there are some obstacles and requirements which are preventing this from happening (at least for now):

• The quality of the mod
  • Compatibility with MP mod
  • Author's permission to use his works in MP
  • Mod's behaviour in MP (e.g. being spawned in large numbers)
  • The collision box of the mod must be exactly the same as Scwarzmuller's ones

• Upvote 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.