Good evening everybody,

once again, it's me with a simple suggestion I've been thinking of for quite a while now. Mainly because it really bothers me that supporters mark my answers as "best answer" but then somebody "downvotes" my post (probably because of being envious).

First of all, starting with the Suggestion Name, I would call it something like "seeing users' votes" or anything similar. Next, I will quickly explain it, i.e. the Suggestion Description. Similar to the already available reputation system, players will have the ability to click at the number shown between the arrows for up- and downvoting. After having clicked this number, a popup window will appear that exactly shows who voted this post both either up or down.

Now, I am going to add Some example images for a better impression of what I mean:

My first picture is meant to show what it will look like if pointing the number with your mouse cursor (example):

e7419c7cd19f4082bd9848aecf827c7e.png

The second depiction is supposed to show the result after having clicked the number (in this case a +1 upvote).

The little green arrow up implies that this mentioned user (in this case, I) voted this specific post up because he thinks it is very helpful (just as an example).

On the other hand, if someone gives a negative vote for this post because of thinking it is totally wrong what the user said, then it will be shown as well:

This, however, is going to be shown by an arrow pointing down - of course, he has to be red then but my Paint Skillz are not that great.

Finally, I will explain to you why it should be added. First of all, to avoid useless and incorrect downvotes of actually useful posts. Second, to see who voted your answer up in order to give him a positive vote next time as well or if he also added something to give him reputation points.

Spoiler

I'd like to add an apology if this had been suggested and rejected before. In addition, excuse my extensive explanations and descriptions because I tend to write a little bit more than normal (I hope that I still stick to the suggestion format).

Also, I am not entirely certain whether I am allowed to show the users' names in the images above, so I will tag them here: @HerrSwizz and @Pheonix_Twitch (If you want me to remove those, contact me via PM).

That was my suggestion and I hope to be seeing you people reply.

Tell me whether my suggestion seems useful and implementable or if this idea is totally silly and cannot be implemented due to the "screwed up [...] permission settings" (@Rekoil_, Posted Friday at 05:20 PM).

If, however, it will be rejected, I'm looking forward to it being "reconsider[ed] [...] in the future" (@HumaneWolf, Posted Saturday at 12:22 PM).

Kind regards ;)

I can understand your point of view, @Rekoil_. But can you tell me why it is possible to randomly downvote any post you want without any rules of usage. I.e. I could downvote almost every post regardless of it's content.

That is, basically, what drives me crazy.

Hopefully, you're able to understand my pov as well :)

In order to avoid further post farming, it would be best to close it ( @Rekoil_) as the best answer has already been given that it is not possible because of Invision Power Services, Inc.

Thanks for paying attention, however.

-1 from me. If the system has previously been abused it probably would be further if brought back.

Also, it shouldn't really matter whether you get upvoted or downvoted, the point of the section is to help the OP and if you successfully do that and you are the best answer, why care about a salty apple or two?

^ I do care because the answer then appears at the bottom of the page and won't probably seen by the topic creator and, as a result of that, will possibly not be seen.

But if you think it wouldn't matter at all, then everything is fine :)

37 minutes ago, Rekoil_ said:

We've had this in the past, and it got abused quite a lot so we really do not want to go back to the previous system. 

I agree with Rekoil_ here :)

If I have understood right, this feature would be only for the help section up/down votes. I agree with your suggestion.

Sometimes when I browse the help section I see answers that are wrong and in worst case harmful. I like to downvote them and upvote the helpful replies and I think it would be just fair for the user who posted that reply to know who disagreed or agreed with him or her. That way it's possible to get in touch with that person and discuss it further. Only problem might be that this could lead into arguments, but it might as well be constructive and helpful.

I'll give you +1

P.S. @Rekoil_ I do not recall this (seeing who down or upvoted a reply in help section) being a feature before. Maybe few years ago?

Ready to go!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.