Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Start recruiting admins from all parts of the team

TrademarkGamer

Suggestion Name: Start recruiting admins from all parts of the team 
Suggestion Description: Start recruiting admins from all parts of the team 

Any example images

Why should it be added?: Why should the media and support team have to work twice as hard to get to IGA than someone that gets straight into the Mod team? It would make getting admins so much easier as well, just because they aren't in the mod team doesn't mean they can't prove that they can handle the responsibilities. I'm not saying that we don;t have enough admins, I'm just thinking of myself in the boots of a media and support team person, they work so hard for so long and see people getting promoted to IGA within a month of getting into the team. It would annoy me if I was in either of those teams and probably annoys people in those teams.

• Upvote 1

Hello @Trademac,

I can partly agree with you when stating that our Project Managers should promote admins from other team members as well.

But, however, I am of the opinion, that they should not promote staff from the media team because they do not have as much responsibility as supporters, let alone moderators. On the other hand, media team staff should be given the opportunity to apply for either support or mod whenever they want (currently only possible if recruitment is open).

I might be wrong but if I remember correctly, it is already possible to be promoted when you are in the support team.

For instance, @HumaneWolf recently promoted @KOZIK PL to an in-game administrator who was "only" support before (if I do not mix anything up).

Generally, the possibility of switching and joining "groups" once you belong to the team should be handled differently, i.e. that higher "groups" can be reached by applying at any time not only when the recruitment is open.

Whatsoever, this is just my opinion and I might be totally wrong, that's why there is a forum - to talk about it :)

Kind regards ;)

IMO I see more media/support team members getting recruited to mod then normal members giving members the less chance of showing/proving their responsibilities. Not saying promoting support/media is a bad thing. I am suggesting that maybe they could recruit members other than Media/Support. I see about 1 Member getting recruited then the rest support/media.  But saying that. Media acts as a normal user but they just have a tag and no perms. Support do have perms but only a certain amount. This is why they get promoted to Mod with more power so they can prove they're responsible for the powers in game. I mean, whats the point of promoting a Media team member straight to admin straight away when they have not show they're capable enough for it? People have to work hard to get the In Game Admin rank and the only way they can work hard is by proving themselves to higher staff members. 

Edited by Smalley

There have been some discussions about this already. The mean reason is because being a moderator prepares you for the rol eas an in-game administrator. Moderators learn to evaluate behaviour and learn how to us proper actions against specific cases. Other ranks within the team are far less related to this and therefore is the step as moderator kinda required. People who already are in the team are likely having more chances of being accepted as moderator over non-staff members at recruitment sessions.

This doesn't mean support members or media members aren't as good as moderators, they are all equal.

• Upvote 3

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

^ If there have already been discussions about this then it will probably not lead into any kind of useful suggestion.

However, I appreciate your official answer @scarface0359 because you, obviously, know what is going on and which requirements are needed.

Also, I'd like to apologise for this, what I thought of, little mistake that I made. But quite frankly, it is hard to see who belongs to which 'group' if the users do not write it in e.g. their signature.

As mentioned before, this won't lead into anything so I don't think it is useful to continue arguing.

Regards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.