"Invalid client version" error

luigimario211

Question

Hi all!

A few minutes ago, my friend and I recently updated ETS2MP within the launcher and when we go into the cabin driving screen, we receive the "connecting to server..." message as usual in the bottom left but shortly after we disconnect with a message stating we need to re-download the launcher. So, we uninstalled the launcher and download the supposedly new version. We go back in and we just receive the same error message again.

I had noticed before making this forum thread that there was another user questioning the same issue. Unfortunately, he marked the first reply as a solution and the thread got locked. Unfortunately saying the certain Europe servers work doesn't really count for a solution for us as we play on the Hong Kong server because we're Australian and that is the closest one to us without being ping kicked.

We think maybe the server's end hasn't been updated yet to support the new version but then again, this does not make sense as why would a client update be released before the servers do?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as long as you don't suggest to download the launcher again as that has proven not to work.

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

4 answers to this question

Hello @luigimario211,

unfortunately, I have the same issue when trying to connect to the Hong Kong server. Whatsoever, the TMP developers are constantly working on it to fix the issue and to provide working servers.

You have to keep in mind, that it is a free modification created by people with a real life who do not get paid for this.

My, and probably the only, suggestion is to be patient and wait until the problems have been fixed. This can take a while so you either do something else or play on a working server.

I am quite sure that the devs apologise for any inconvenience.

Kind regards ;)