Player Reputation System

Hyu

The Player Reputation System

Description

We currently ban constantly players that abuse the system by reporting that player. I believe the whole traffic would be much more under control if we introduced a reputation system. Simply, all players start with 0 reputation, and then each player can increase or decrease a player's reputation by 1 every 24h. Once you receive -10 reputation, you will receive some sort of ban e.g. 24h ban and immediate kick from the server. -15 is 48h ban and then -30 is a week long ban. I know that some people may be mean on the server, so the idea is that players also give reputation to players so for example even if 10 players get angry at a player or want to bully them then he is still got reputation points from other players to keep him from getting a ban. Or if you usually are a good driver but you accidentally went into someone. Players with high reputation would also show that they are good drivers and are friendly. 

The option to give or take rep would show up if you click on the name in the TAB menu, and your reputation is linked to your MP profile.

Players with low level of reputation, e.g. -10, would also not be able to take reputation, only give, since they might be people that abuse the system by taking away rep. from good players, or want to get back at people for screwing their reputation. But overall I doubt the kids who ram would even know what is going on with the rep, they not that bright.

Why should it be added?

I believe we need this system as the current situation management is poor and puts a strain on staff that has to keep banning people because of so many nasty kids on the roads. There is also a limit to the rep you can give to one player so I don't think people will purposely try to increase rep (from their friends) just to start ramming later. Besides, we still got the normal banning system to keep things in control. I just think it would ease things a bit and keep only good drivers, which would attract more players that left due to all the ramming etc.

Sorry if anything else like this is already planned for future updates. I've only been playing mp for a week so sorry if I am not very well informed on the subject, but I do see how annoying the GTA kids are, so I wanted to propose something to improve conditions for good drivers.

1. What'll happen with the rep points after the ban time? Still there? All gone?

2. The option to give or take rep : I don't know.. some people could abuse it which can cause unfair bans..

My opinion: NOPE. It's more fair when you report 'em via the truckersmp page or directly ingame. I wouldn't recommend it.

regards

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

1 minute ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

1. What'll happen with the rep points after the ban time? Still there? All gone?

2. The option to give or take rep : I don't know.. some people could abuse it which can cause unfair bans..

My opinion: NOPE. It's more fair when you report 'em via the truckersmp page or directly ingame. I wouldn't recommend it.

regards

1. Yes still there since you'd only be able to get to -10 each time otherwise.

2. I've explained how we can prevent people abusing it since a player with -10 rep or more can no longer take rep, so they can't bully good drivers. Good drivers also know who is taking their rep (sorry I haven't mentioned this but that's the idea) so they would take away rep from them as well. He would immediately get -10 rep by taking away 1 rep from 10 people, with good rep also being there the 10 people would not feel -1 rep, but the kiddo would get a ban straight away.

1 minute ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

meh. I don't like it

Meh its fine I just would be bothered forever if I didn't write about this idea as the current system seems too much to deal with for the admins.

Good idea in theory, not so much in practice. I'll explain:

Yes, it eases the burden the admin have when dealing with reports, especially in-game. However, similar to Mr. Blue Sky, it is easily abused. If, for example, I was in a convoy of 10 (9 other trucks), and we decided on a chat channel outside of TMP that you got a little too close to one of our trucks, which isn't against the rules, we could all give you a -1 rep. As you had mentioned, as an example:

2 hours ago, Tangeton said:

Once you receive -10 reputation, you will receive some sort of ban e.g. 24h ban and immediate kick from the server.

This would mean that you would automatically be kicked from the server and banned for 24 hours, just because we didn't like you.
Then imagine the same system with a convoy of 30+ trucks. That would be a perm ban for doing nothing wrong.
(EDIT: This reflects no way on the VTC I'm in, me, or anyone. This is just an example of how the system could be abused).

The risks on this actually outweigh the benefits when it comes to trusting the community to do the right thing, as we already have trolls.

Edited by Zebulink{aus}
Clarification

An8mXaY.png

The current systems requires evidence before banning a player, be it an admin's seen the action (and they record before banning) or that action is shown in a video recording from another player. With this idea, anyone can be banned without any proof of wrongdoing, it's too easy to abuse. Someone is trolling and receives -10 rep, he can't give negative reps, but he has friends, tells them to start giving negatives to the player/s who gave those to him, you've got a legal player with -rep or even banned who maybe never did anything wrong in the servers. So, -1 from me. The way to get the trolls banned is the one we have now, provide evidence to the admins and they'll deal with them.

This can be related to why the "Vote Kick" got denied because it will be abused no doubt about it because some users are not mature enough to use this type of power correctly. I doubt it will happen.

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Current Advisor of

TruckersMP.com

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

17 hours ago, Zebulink{aus} said:

Good idea in theory, not so much in practice. I'll explain:

Yes, it eases the burden the admin have when dealing with reports, especially in-game. However, similar to Mr. Blue Sky, it is easily abused. If, for example, I was in a convoy of 10 (9 other trucks), and we decided on a chat channel outside of TMP that you got a little too close to one of our trucks, which isn't against the rules, we could all give you a -1 rep. As you had mentioned, as an example:

This would mean that you would automatically be kicked from the server and banned for 24 hours, just because we didn't like you.
Then imagine the same system with a convoy of 30+ trucks. That would be a perm ban for doing nothing wrong.
(EDIT: This reflects no way on the VTC I'm in, me, or anyone. This is just an example of how the system could be abused).

The risks on this actually outweigh the benefits when it comes to trusting the community to do the right thing, as we already have trolls.

I get what you are saying, nevertheless I do not believe there is a convoy of 30 idiots going around and not having been banned yet. Put let us say this does happen. A player should still record his journey and so would be able to report these people for trolling. This would be very serious abuse of the server as its a player doing nothing, so clearly on video it would show that. All of these players should really get complete ban, but the reputation system would work to improve servers. 

Reputation should work alongside recording and banning the way it is now. It is simply a supporting system for current way of banning.

It's an interesting idea, but I think that @Zebulink{aus} is right. Auto kick and ban could make a situation when you could be banned without any violation. I think that decision about kick or ban should make a real people, not some soulless script.

But idea of driver's reputation could be interesting, if it won't be bound to ban system. Make it similar to that forum.

• 4 weeks later...

I already think the opposite. Instead of receiving punctuations from the users themselves, there should be a system of the game's own "catalog of fines". Then, when you pass a red light, drive against the hand, drive above the speed limit, etc. This user would accumulate infractions inside the game (as it is in the real qualifications) for example: when entering a limit of 30 fines the user would be suspended for 3 to 4 days. At the end of each quarter the points would be reset again.
Why do you think ...? Let's say you're on the EU2 server, in that part that has the most truck traffic, that everyone knows, (simple lane from Duisburg to Calais).
Suddenly you are making your trip and someone invades against your hand and hits you. Let's say your truck has 30% damage and you could barely start the truck blocking the highway. Only, there would be many roads and because they thought you were blocking the highway, each of them gave you -1 points, anyway. You would already be banned unfairly, because you could not turn on the truck and whoever hit you (wrong), nothing happened to that user.
I think that this measure of punctuation by the users themselves would generate many injustices, especially with those who really want to simulate.
"But what about the people who are starting to play?"
People who are starting to play, would have to go through some sort of test run by the game administrators.

• 1 year later...

You break a rule, you get banned. There will not be a really complicated system just because you think a rule violation should not be an immediate ban. You play by our rules or do not. If you decide for the latter, you are not a valuable part of the community anymore and thus, get (temporarily) removed.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.