Save edit

Mirko9

No! SCSC doesn't work with Java 8! Use SII_Decrypt from us Czechs instead, it's 100% better :).

Steps what to do:

1. Open config.cfg in your main game directory

2. Change g_save_format here to 2 (to make changes to save format permanent, it's just additional 100 KB per game.sii, so I don't think this matters unless you save every 5 minutes:)

3. Get into your profile directory in "Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/*yourprofilename*"

3.1. How to get *yourprofilename* - copy and convert the folder name on http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/hexadecimal/ - it should convert the hex crap for you into readable chars

4. Open the save you want to alter - *yoursavename* (the numbered folders are user-triggered saves, others are self-explanatory).

5. Copy SII_Decrypt into "Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles/*yourprofilename*/save/*yoursavename*/"

6. Decrypt the savegame using SII_Decrypt (if you don't want to mess with cmd, just drag'n'drop game.sii to SII_Decrypt

Download link for SII_Decrypt: https://github.com/ncs-sniper/SII_Decrypt/archive/v1.0.3.zip - the actual 64-bit program is stored in /SII_Decrypt-1.0.3/Program/Lazarus/Release/win_x64

EDIT: thx for +rep

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

Being an amateur in save editing, there's things you can do and things you can't. I've experienced multiple game crashes before for trying weird things... It might be possible to use that LED emblem on any other trucks, but I never tried it though. I would be careful when using other trucks parts.

File hierarchy:

-Driver's plate

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/drv_plate/lasercuttoy01.sii (Scania Emblem)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/drv_plate/lasercuttoy02.sii (Scania V8 Power Emblem)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/drv_plate/lightboard03.sii (Scania Emblem LED)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/drv_plate/lightboard04.sii (Scania V8 Power Emblem LED)

-Co-driver's plate

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/codrv_plate/lasercuttoy01.sii (Scania Emblem)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/codrv_plate/lasercuttoy02.sii (Scania V8 Power Emblem)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/codrv_plate/lightboard03.sii (Scania Emblem LED)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/codrv_plate/lightboard04.sii (Scania V8 Triple LED)

-Middle windshield

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/frntglss_mid/lasercuttoy01 (Scania Emblem)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/frntglss_mid/lasercuttoy02 (Scania V8 Power Emblem)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/frntglss_mid/lightboard01 (Mighty Griffin LED)

/def/vehicle/truck/scania.r/accessory/frntglss_mid/lightboard02 (Scania V8 Power Emblem LED)

Here you go, source is from def.scs, got to love how they changed from 01-02-03-04 to 01-02-01-02.

Just a tip, it's much more easier to change an already existing accessory on a truck than adding a new one. But if you really insist on creating one, you really have to be super extra careful...

You need to add a new value in the array of accessories and making sure there's no other accessories using the same address or however you want to call it. Then you add the info of that accessory following the same syntax as the other windshield accessories.

I may or may not make an advanced tutorial on save editing.

KkdaC1b.png

Oh and one note to remember: Any parts installed from a missing DLC will disapear and break the save.

I'll explain. Let's say I install Mighty Griffin DLC, then I install chrome intake in front of truck. I save the game, uninstall the DLC, then open the game. The intake will disapear because DLC is missing. The game will run, but you will see a missing part in front of the truck.

Always make a copy before each modification of profile! You always want original copy in case you do a mistake or something unexpected happens.

KkdaC1b.png

Being experienced with save editing, it's a breeze for me. Although sometimes i make mistakes, beware of typos! @Forerunner is also experienced at save editing.

Here's some of what I know:

Searching for the truck you want: Put a driver's plate on it, remember the name and search for it after the save has been decrypted. That is the easiest way imo.

With save editing you can make hybrid trucks! (trucks with different cabins and chassis, eg a truck with 2014 Merc chassis and MAN cabin (heads up, that combo works really well!) Hint: Do not attempt to mix Scania parts with other trucks, it increases the hitbox!. So does having a Magnum cab on other chassis, it will be "floating" :troll:

wear = Damage on that part

eg if the wear on def/vehicle/truck/volvo/fh16_2012/engine/d16g750.sii is 1, the engine is 100% damaged. Changing it to 0 will reset the damage and you have "free" repairs :P 

slot_hookup: How many slots have been taken for accessories on bullbars/roofracks/steering wheels/cabin toys. It is recommended you place the accessories on your truck/or another before editing. It is very hard to get it on the spot where you want it through editing. You can copy data from another truck.

sound_exterior/sound_interior: the engine sound that the truck will have.(eg /def/vehicle/truck/scania/streamline/sound/exterior_v8 will give the truck a Scania Streamline V8 Engine sound. It is possible to have different interior/exterior sounds, etc you have a DAF interior sound (that is how the truck sounds like in the cabin) and a MAN exterior sound at the same time.

Editing trailers:

You can easily edit your trailer. Just search for "t_wheel" and you should find your trailer. You can swap out trucks on a truck trailer to excavators like this :P 

3oiK77T.jpg

(Note what I did with the trailer wheels is no longer allowed)

You can also change the weight of the trailer. Do not go over 125 tons, as you will result in this!

BfLRyJB.jpg

22 hours ago, LordBenji said:

You need to add a new value in the array of accessories and making sure there's no other accessories using the same address or however you want to call it. 

Yeah, you have to be very very careful

P.S: Try not to mess up your save! (I have a few times) Remember the GOLDEN RULE: Always make a backup!

I will post here again later once I have gotten things sorted, overseas atm so it's a bit hard

76561198206943368.png  If my post helped, don't hesitate to click that green up arrow! ^_^

Really great tips @JeKnYan.

I'm not sure how you got the trailer wheels to work. I was trying to get custom wheels from the Wheel Tuning DLC and ended up crashing the game lol. Just a shame they changed the rules a few days ago. I also saw that video of a car with "monster" wheels, which was funny looking.

On a side note, are you from CJ's Heavy Haulage? I got two friends (Mando & Mad Trucker), really nice guys.

KkdaC1b.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived