[STAFF] Question to Developers

HARLEY  QUINN

Why do not you take on the multiplayer development of games like Farming Simulator, Train Simulator, Construction Simulator ( if it is possible ) or other games single player, but can be modified so that we can play together.

If you think with calm, you would see that it is a great opportunity, both for you to continue to make your name in the games area, like for us players.

Claymaster T-REX

Developing TruckersMP already takes a lot of time and effort, there are only 2 devs which have school / jobs next to this aswell. It's completely voluntary, and to run an additional 3 games is way too much to handle as 2 developers.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

Like, by all means this would be awesome if possible, but with 2 Devs as mentioned, it won't be possible. Far too much work to put into it, especially as volunteers,.

Nice idea though.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

20 minutes ago, MISLcz said:

Eu não acho que isso tem potencial, muito mais jogadores jogar ETS2, do que os jogos que você mencionou.

Many players play ETS2 than other games, this is a statement related to single player mode.

If the games I quoted were set to free multiplayer, like ETS2, many players would play other games as well.

12 minutes ago, Rekoil_ said:

Developing TruckersMP already takes a lot of time and effort, there are only 2 devs which have school / jobs next to this aswell. It's completely voluntary, and to run an additional 3 games is way too much to handle as 2 developers.

I did not say it was 3 games, just what you could get.

Claymaster T-REX

Still, I doubt it very much if even an extra game is possible.

As far as I know the games you mentioned aren't made with Prism engine, ATS & ETS2 are. ETS2 and ATS are able to be supported both because the code is very similar.

Basically, to make a multiplayer mod for a different game could (I'm not a dev, but I think it is) totally different than this one. Also, remember this mod is still in Alpha fase and we want to implement a lot more interesting features which will cost time. If you spread that time over even more games, it'll take very long before something is finished.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

6 minutes ago, Claymaster ( REX ) said:

I did not say it was 3 games, just what you could get.

Even 2games would mean a lot of work, on-top of keeping ETS2 and ATS up-to-date, is not possible (at least for a while). A lot of work for a small team of volunteers, who do this in there spare time. Keeping more than 2 games running up-to-date on multiplayer would take them to close to full time.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived