TruckersMP Launcher

TrueBlue_Oz

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I have attempted to start the TruckersMP launcher a few times today and the splash screen comes up alright, though when i choose ATS the screen goes blank, while i hear the sound effects of ATS itself, then instead of going to the screen to ask  me to log into a server, it instead goes straight to the profile screen..without giving me a choice.

When entering the profile page in the game, the mouse also freezes up, so i can not pick anything and am forced to close the game via task manager.. I just tried it again now andi n task manager, it says ats is not responding, though it works fine by itself without the launcher... I use win8.1 on a 64bit os... if there is anything else you need.. let me know, i will try to provide it if it helps...

Cheers...

Ps, It works fine with ETS2 and apology if another thread has been started, I just spotted a thread with similar issues..

Hi :)

You most update all drivers.

If you have a problem with the mouse, all you have to do is 

• Open Steam 
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity Of Game Cache 
  • Reinstall MP 

Start the multiplayer as administrator :)
If it does not work send me a pm in the image problem, and we'll help you

15 minutes ago, ArmiNNN said:

Hi :)

You most update all drivers.

If you have a problem with the mouse, all you have to do is 

• Open Steam 
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity Of Game Cache 
  • Reinstall MP 

Start the multiplayer as administrator :)
If it does not work send me a pm in the image problem, and we'll help you

Yes i just finished building a new comp ... ETS2 is fine, it is ATS that i am having the problem with... have tried reinstalling TruckersMP launcher by overwriting it, though that did not work..

Though i will try that tomorrow with ATS.. thanks... though ATS does work find when starting it from steam, which is why i thought it could be the problem with the launcher...

Cheers....

G'Day, I just tried that and it did not work. I think it might be a scripting conflict or something else.. I really don't know, though i still get the same thing happening.. no scs splash screen and no ATS screen, and no login screen, just straight to the profile and then no mouse control... Have to press ALT CTRL & Delete to force close via task manager....

The reason i believe it might be a script or code is because it sends my hdd awol, it just sends the hard drive crazy....
ATS works fine by itself..
TruckersMP launcher only started doing that when launching ATS  after I had purchased a copy of ETS2 and had to reinstall TruckersMP & overwrite the previous install so i could access ETS2 online as well

An update to the situation at hand...

I went and checked for updates again today, downloaded and updated the pc, after that i had noticed TruckersMP launcher update itself a few times and i just tried ATS again and got a message from steam, this time steam was closed when i clicked to launch ats from truckersmp launcher and it went straight to the profile screen again and i was able to use the mouse one time.... then i was connected to the server for a few moments..

I decided to log out and try again to see if i could get the log in screen so i could pick the server, the scs and ats splash screens did not show up and no log in screen and the mouse was slow.... very slow.. lol

I hope all this info helps...

steam message for ats.JPG

15 hours ago, TrueBlue_Oz said:

An update to the situation at hand...

I went and checked for updates again today, downloaded and updated the pc, after that i had noticed TruckersMP launcher update itself a few times and i just tried ATS again and got a message from steam, this time steam was closed when i clicked to launch ats from truckersmp launcher and it went straight to the profile screen again and i was able to use the mouse one time.... then i was connected to the server for a few moments..

I decided to log out and try again to see if i could get the log in screen so i could pick the server, the scs and ats splash screens did not show up and no log in screen and the mouse was slow.... very slow.. lol

I hope all this info helps...

steam message for ats.JPG

Run Launcher as Administrator !! 

Went to desktop icon, right clicked, went to compatibility, checked run as admin, apply, then ok..
Started the launcher, clicked on ATS, it started with a black screen then heard the sound from SCS splash screen, though no graphics came up.
Hard drive started going wild once again, seemed like i was stuck in a black screen and the blue circle even stopped rotating. waited and then waited some more.

Had to press reset on my computer (because i could not access task manager through ALT, CTRL, DEL)  that has 16gb of ram, 8gb AMD Radeon R9 390 graphics card with win 8.1 64bit vers
Had to shut down computer completely because reset did not work properly

I got the impression that the launcher is unintentionally compromising my computer when running ATS as ETS2 runs just fine...

I would love to recommend and boast about this online version when it becomes a stable version instead of an alpha or beta version ..

Hoping this helps... .

Cheers..

Ps, ATS works fine by itself..

This is what happens when i click on TruckersMP ATS Launcher, though the video does not show everything I saw because of the limted Radeon recording settings..
Also apology for the long video, the main things happen closer to the end of the video and does not show the screens as i saw it when starting and going through the process..

• 5 months later...
On 1/14/2017 at 8:40 AM, TrueBlue_Oz said:

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I have attempted to start the TruckersMP launcher a few times today and the splash screen comes up alright, though when i choose ATS the screen goes blank, while i hear the sound effects of ATS itself, then instead of going to the screen to ask  me to log into a server, it instead goes straight to the profile screen..without giving me a choice.

When entering the profile page in the game, the mouse also freezes up, so i can not pick anything and am forced to close the game via task manager.. I just tried it again now andi n task manager, it says ats is not responding, though it works fine by itself without the launcher... I use win8.1 on a 64bit os... if there is anything else you need.. let me know, i will try to provide it if it helps...

Cheers...

Ps, It works fine with ETS2 and apology if another thread has been started, I just spotted a thread with similar issues..

i have the same exact problem except i use windows10 64

Exact same problem. Tbh i have never gotten tmp to work properly and this is the problem i have been having for months

Found a solution on another forum. Credit to galavea i think was his name. 

"You can try to remove the config.cfg file in the ETS2 folder in Documents. If you haven't tried that, it may fix your problem."

It fixed my problem. Worth a shot

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

This bug report has expired and will now be closed.

If you still experience this issue, feel free to make a new bug report and we will see what we can do in regards to helping you fixing the issue

Thanks & Happy Trucking!

/Archived

Archived