Rules about Beacons

ClownPrince

In the rules it says that you can no longer use beacons at busy places, I guess because of lag?

It also mentions Calais - Duisburg Road, can someone show me a screen shot of the road as I'm unsure of it.

Also, wouldn't it be easier to just ban beacons all together?

Saves having to change the rules regarding them constantly...

signature.png

I think banning beacons all together is a little much, but on the C-D road it's definitely needed.

On 14/01/2017 at 11:42 AM, freckleman said:

https://ets2map.krashnz.com?routeID=b7e0375a-9b82-4332-a0a1-ff8a9b8f2301

There are the most concentrated areas on the Calais-Duisburg road but the roads inbetween the boxes are the actual Calais-Duisburg road

Sometimes the railroad crossings can become slightly busy, but I have to agree that the intersections are the worst... And how many times I've seen bad drivers when exiting Calais and driving on C-D roads...

KkdaC1b.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it is not allowed due to the lag it causes. 

Ban beacons all together is not a good idea either. Beacons also add an aspect of realism to the game, just like in real life, large loads require beacons to be on. Another point is the fact that beacons help CC (Convoy Control) to be able to be seen from a distance when directing convoys so that is also another good reason to why they are needed. Even from my experience, I can say beacons help with the visibility of Convoy Controllers in the far distance which lets people know the convoy may be about to go in a certain direction so they can prepare in advance. :) 

If you use this at the C+D road i usually give you a Warning. When you ignore it, i kick you. I don't Ban for having Beacons on. Only it's Excessive Save Editing.

^^ This is not a rule anymore, the only limits to beacons are: they have to be placed only in rooftop bars (no bumpers or any other places); you can only put as many beacons as the rooftop bar allows and you can't use beacons (beacons must be OFF) when driving in high traffic density areas.

Excessive Save Editing - UPDATED

Modifying your vehicle to include car parts on your truck or truck parts on your car. This includes paintjobs. This also includes adding too many beacons and horns to your truck and also includes any large horns or beacons on your bullbar or front bar.

When editing a truck, trailer, or other content through save editing, you must follow the Mod Guidelines.

No more beacons than allowed by the game by default, no changing the vehicles hitbox, no beacons on bullbars/bumpers or similar, your vehicle must be functional, and you may not mix truck, trailer and car parts.

Excessive use of beacons - NEW

You may not use/turn on any beacons in high traffic areas, such as Rotterdam, Europoort, and the Calais-Duisburg road.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived