Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Suggestion Name: AFK button
Suggestion Description: To have a button in game for any trucks that are afk so they ghost in game or you get added to the queue instead of being kicked from the server

Any example images: nope but i would suggest it to be placed somewhere when you tab

Why should it be added?: When you drive in ets2mp and atsmp you see lots of trucks parked at the side of road and must of the time theses get kicked and will have to reconnect so just make it easier and add them to a queue and when they hit the afk button when they arent afk they will rejoin the server

^ Oh, and why won't it happen?

Seems good on paper, although I'd rather do something in chat every few minutes to show I'm still there- otherwise it'd be pretty pointless staying on the server if you're AFK for more than I'd say 10 minutes

Perhaps extending the afk timer to 10 minutes so people have a bit more time before they're kicked?

Edited by heyhococo
  • Upvote 1

The problem we have with this is why would we want servers full of afk people. There is the timer so that you have a chance to do what you want but say if you want to go out shopping and you're afk and you stay in the server people that are waiting, it's not fair for them.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Nameless Ghoul.

Player Reports: https://truckersmp.com/reports

Ban Appeal: https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Game Rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules

As @Nameless Ghoul has said, you are basically taking up a server spot when playing. This is therefore not fair on others, as you are just causing lag for other players that have to render you. It is best to disconnect from the server to allow another person to play, then rejoin when you wish to play again!

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

^^ The OP also mentioned being added to the Queue though.... So, no... you're not going to be AFK on the server. Instead you'll be put back on the server queue or a AFK side queue instead of completely rebooting the game just to log back in.

Right in the OPs reason he does say: "add them to a queue and when they hit the afk button when they arent afk they will rejoin the server

^ Ehm

11 hours ago, F1LS MoNsTeR|ak said:

Suggestion Description: To have a button in game for any trucks that are afk so they ghost in game or you get added to the queue instead of being kicked from the server

He didn't say that, he suggested they ghost in game first

Edit: I just realised, how would an afk queue work? Would it just keep putting people that are afk back to the top of the afk queue? I'm confused by the idea of a seperate queue for people that're afk

Maybe OP should be a bit more decisive on what he wants rather than giving us various options to choose from?

Edited by heyhococo

I would say +1 to this. Great idea which I would support, I've been AFK for about 5mins to come back to find I've been kicked. Bit annoying as I have to close game and re-load up etc.

An AFK button would be a good idea but obviously I can see it's disadvantages like @Nameless Ghoul has suggested, everyone is AFK and it's not fair on others. Although potentially extending the AFK timer to 10 minutes as @heyhococo suggested is I think a better option, after the 10 minutes you're the kicked from the server however you can re-join the server/queue from inside the game.  

In game name: Josh 

Usually on Europe2. 

Most of the time after a long job I stop to a service area, turn off my truck and go smoke a cigarette. It takes me +/- 5min + the time to make a coffee. And usually when I come back I'm kicked because of AFK. That's not annoying for me as I can close/launch the game under 15 secs, but when you come back to find that there's more than 200 people in the queue, there it's a bit annoying.

Would be indeed nice to extend the AFK kick timer to 10min like @jkility and @heyhococo said above.

The best solutions IMO are:

Get the AFK timer to ca. 6 minutes, do some kind of easy thing to reconnect (press a combination of keys which is displayed on the screen and different each time to avoid bots), DON'T disconnect ppl which are actually doing something in service, and possibly disable the chat AFK thing to avoid bots.

This'd be the ultimate solution IMO, it's annoying to waste 4 minutes by starting the game.

EDIT: It'd be great to disable the AFK button after 60 minutes to reduce queuing players, too...

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

The server slots being taken up from other players may be the big issue here, especially since there is a maximum amount of players able to que up on a particular server. The players who are actually wanting to play will be affected due to the  AFK players in que. :( 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/01/2017 at 8:24 AM, Nameless Ghoul said:

The problem we have with this is why would we want servers full of afk people. There is the timer so that you have a chance to do what you want but say if you want to go out shopping and you're afk and you stay in the server people that are waiting, it's not fair for them.

This is why a relog window would be good when you become afk you get booted, you would not need to save and close out of the whole game to relog into or onto the server... It would just go back to the log in screen or profile screen so you can auto or even manually reconnect to the server.. or something along the lines of that....

That's a strange suggestion... You have, say 10 - 15 minutes AFK, smoking, making coffee or whatever and you don't have 2 more minutes to restart the game? There were several reasons to not allow this "quick reconnect" button, the most obvious has been said already: the server is full, you are taking a server slot but not using it actually, some other users are waiting to play while you're having coffee or watching TV? If freeing your slot could be done, then yes, but then, when you come back and hit "reconnect", you could be number 500 in the queue, so I don't see any benefit. I go AFK while playing, to have a smoke, a coffee or something else to drink, to go to the Winston Churchill (you know...) and very rarely I've been kicked when I come back. When I think that I'll be AFK for longer, I don't leave it to the AFK timer, I quit the game myself. It only takes a couple of minutes to launch the MP again and maybe when I come back I'd rather spend some time with other games or surfing the web.

Another thing about the reconnect had to do with how the servers authenticate users, making a necessity to restart the whole login process once you disconnect (I'm writing this out of memory and may not be exact, if so, please correct me).

Finally, this same feature has been suggested lots of time in the past and rejected every time, so I don't think it will be accepted this time either.

• 1 year later...

The current authentification procedure does not allow that since there is no way you can be re-added to the queue again. From a technical point of view, our developer would need to implement an entirely different system which would then come with an AFK feature anyway.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.