What's your favourite truck and why?

HerbalJesus

What's your favourite truck and why?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite truck and why?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In game wise my current favourite is my Merc Actros 2014 (with 750hp engine change), looks the part (personal preference for the time being) and has the power to comfortably take on all loads. 

Had been usually driving volvos for ETS2 but used to be a scania fan for ETS1, etc. 

I've only started the multiplayer 5 days ago but already loving truckfests to see what people have and appreciate different tastes. And big respect for those using less powerful engines as i find it makes for a different driving experience and challenge.

ets2 mp.jpg

Scania Streamline 580 V8. The mirrors on the Scania are just perfect for me. I prefer to run with the 580 V8 engine because it has enough power to handle the heavy loads, but not so strong that it's a breeze. I still like to have to use my gears to climb a hill and I like to use my retarder to slow down instead of using my brake if I can. I also prefer to run with the 4x2 chassis as it makes reversing with a trailer attached so much easier. 6x2/4 requires earlier correction. 4x2 you can flick it round late and still be alright at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Renault all the way, as i think they are by far the most underrated trucks ingame (especially the Magnum is in my eyes one of the best trucks to drive, the visibility from the interior just beats anything else by far). But actually i like pretty much all of them, as long as they've got an engine below 550 bhp, everything above that is just boring to drive. Sadly i realize that there are still so many people here preferring the Scanias/Volvos just because they are the fastest and can reach speed the easiest. I would say that those guys didn't really get the memo what this game is about, it's about driving a truck at normal speeds and not racing around like a maniac. Just turn your braking sensitivity and trailer stability to minimum, pick a truck with 400-500 bhp and you will realize how much fun you actually missed driving in your dull 700+ bhp-trucks...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

32 minutes ago, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

Just turn your braking sensitivity and trailer stability to minimum, pick a truck with 400-500 bhp and you will realize how much fun you actually missed driving in your dull 700+ bhp-trucks...

OT:

As I have not driven a truck in real life yet, what settings regarding brakes and stability are considered to be or feel realistic?

Scania! Its pros outweighs by far the cons.

Pros are definitely the interior(it doesnt look cheap), the different engine models and of course its design.

The cons must be the design from Scania R to Streamline, not much effort has been put into it - and the dashboard. The ingame dashboard on the V8 models is not as great as the real ones.

If Scania could match up with either Volvo or Mercedes dashboard that would be Awesome :D

I like the DAF, especially the old one, because the interior looks great, the outside looks great, it does'nt cost to much, and it's fun to drive. And, of course... DAF is the real old school brand! Aaaand, my favorite truck driver William De Zeeuw, has got one! :D

I also like the MB, and MAN, aaaaand Renault, or pretty much all truck that has about 450 hp. One thing is for sure, the guys that loves Volvo/Scania because they are fast, they dont know what they have missed...

Also known as Swedish_Trucker

Proud member of Stobart Trucking VTC

#keepgoingoldskool B):truestory:

16 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

OT:

As I have not driven a truck in real life yet, what settings regarding brakes and stability are considered to be or feel realistic?

Well, with the brakes i think realistically it should be somewhere in the lowest quarter (maybe not set to minimum like i do, but i just like the challenge i guess lol), and for the trailer stability i would say that the minimum setting makes you feel like you're really driving a truck with a trailer attached to it, and not a super-long racecar. I just have to shake my head every single time when i see players on the roads which just drive through hairpins with 70+ kph, with minimum trailer stability you wouldn't even try that, as you would land on your side (and in real life neither... :D ). But at this point i have to add as well that i'm not a real truck driver, so these are just the settings that feel more or less realistic for me, can't say if they actually really are... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Hi all,

You know what to do :)

I have driven all and overall I love the Volvo. It doesn't have the acceleration and speed of the Scania, nor does it have the stability of a DAF, nor does it have the looks of an IVECO but it is my favourite to drive overall.

I love the DAF for it's economical feature and it's stability, followed by the MAN in the latter category.

I love the IVECO for its cabin and sounds.

I love the MAN for it's engine turning off sound; you know that pop sound?

For some reason I hate the Scania all around but it's probably because I prefer the Volvo.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

My apologies @Katizuki I did not think to search for an existing post :)

Don't forget to vote in the poll all xD

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

VOLVO, cause my uncle used to own an old Volvo Estate and so now VOLVO is my favorite car and truck brand, (and trains and buses and all the otehr stuff they make)

It does make an interesting and enjoyable journey with the lower horsepower. Especially up those swiss alps roads B)

76561198116137604.png

Archived