Add a car trailer to be allowed with cars and finally fix the trailer mounting points on the Scout model

MISLcz

Suggestion Name: Add a trailer to be towed by Scouts, since they can't tow anything now.
Suggestion Description: Create some trailer (a CAR trailer) to be towed by Scouts (please oh PLEASE don't immediately reject this idea, since "we won't add any third-party mods", it's not that hard to find some friendly modder or to create one from scratch / using some open-sourced model), and add a proper (optional) tow hitch, since a trailer is useless without a hitch to be towed with.

Any example images: These AREN'T images, that show how it should look IMO, they're just examples how it looks IRL! (a real notice to admins to don't immediately reject this because of "we won't add any third-party mods" thing)

Prives_Handy_32.jpg

2320.jpg

Why should it be added?: It should be added to expand realism and diversity in this game, and I think it'd be funny too to have trailers to tow with our cars :)
  • Upvote 1

310hp Iveco + 125t trailer = Loads of fun ))))

Well, you said it for yourself... We don't add third party mods as it is hard to update and keep compatible with MP. The person who made the Scout car is also no longer in the team so making a trailer would be much harder. And thirdly, do you want trolls (who drive uncontrollably already) to have a trailer and cause more grief?

Also, this has been suggested many times before so please use the search function next time.

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

The original Scout car has many errors, unrealistic things (20 l/100km fuel consumption, 20000 kg (!) weight, 8000 Nm of torque (!!!), unrealistic transmission, unrealistic torque curve, and I should be able to continue...), so I don't see any problem with adding some similarly-unrealistic and buggy trailer... BTW I proposed this with the thought, that this'd have very non-realistic weight to slow the car down (to give trolls less destructive abilities)... The leave of that Scout maker shouldn't be a problem, too, because you still have some modders, that can do it easily and without problems and bugs...

Just one (calm) question for staff: Is it THAT hard to add it?

EDIT: You (@El1teZombiezHD) said, that it's hard to update it. Scout hasn't been updated for ages (AFAIK), and it still works. Trailer should be similar: It should be designed to last for ages.

You do realize that just for the Scout to get added took forever, right? As it is, it's basically just a truck with a car body slapped onto it, hence why it flips over so damned easy. The only thing that should ever be done to it is stronger brakes, because those things are scary when a crash happens right in front of you :P

Yes, I realize that. The Škoda's physics does drive me crazy sometimes too, because even Škoda 120 105 (lol) doesn't flip as easily as our Scout, but I'd leave it as it is, because it's more fun with unrealistic physics IMO and it's more hard to drive at 200 km/h + we can't do an absolute simulator, every time there will be something unrealistic. When I want more realism I go to SP, after all drivers here are very different from RL. The trailer I propose should be similarly unrealistic (heavy weight etc.), to keep it on par with Scout's physics, so it'd be more fun this way IMO.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It has been suggested uncountable times and was always rejected. Third party mods or those trailers will not be added.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.