lhark

[Launcher] truckersmp-cli, a Wine compatible launcher

Tool Name: truckersmp-cli
truckersmp-cli isn't far from being the simplest TruckersMP launcher you could possibly conceive.
It downloads the mod, launches the game, and that's about it. It aims to provide linux players with a launcher that's made to work with Wine.
I developped this launcher in frustration after having spent multiple days trying to make the official launcher work on linux with Wine.

This launcher isn't mean't to be a direct competitor to TheUnknownNO's (whose code actually helped me a lot while developing this tool),
but as a last resort for linux players who have tried everything else without being able to make the mod work.

This launcher being the dirty hack it is, it is far from perfect, for example, steam needs to be already running in order for him to be able to launch the game.

But if can save at least one linux user from losing its mind try to install this mod, i'll consider this as an achievement :)

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

I'm not sure i understand your question :/ You need to start thee launcher using the script truckersmp-cli,

not the .exe file (the script runs it with wine for you).

This is because the script downloads the files needed for the mod to work. That's probably why you're missing core_ets2mp.dll.

Also, don't forget to start steam for windows before starting the game.

Thanks for your feedback, and don't hesitate to come back to me if you have other problems :)

• Upvote 1

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine64 ./truckersmp-cli /H/games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Euro\ Truck\ Simulator\ 2/
./truckersmp-cli: 9: ./truckersmp-cli: pushd: not found
--2017-02-16 22:44:06--  http://update.ets2mp.com/files.json
Распознаётся update.ets2mp.com (update.ets2mp.com)... 104.24.115.213, 104.24.114.213, 2400:cb00:2048:1::6818:73d5, ...
Подключение к update.ets2mp.com (update.ets2mp.com)|104.24.115.213|:80... соединение установлено.
HTTP-запрос отправлен. Ожидание ответа... 200 OK
Длина: 11158 (11K) [application/json]
Сохранение в каталог: ««STDOUT»».

-                   100%[===================>]  10,90K  --.-KB/s    in 0,004s  

/2017-02-16 22:44:06 (2,69 MB/s) - записан в stdout [11158/11158]

###################################################################
#                                                                 #
#  Please check that steam is running or the launcher won't work  #
#                                                                 #

unable to locate library (./truckersmp\core_ets2mp.dll).

and nothing!

3 minutes ago, spiderman82 said:

little correction!

CreateProcess("/H/games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe -nointro -64bit") failed; error code = 0x00000002

However, this message means the program couldn't find the executable file.

Hum, do you really have a /H directory at the root of your filesystem ? to me it looks like the path should look like ~/.wine64/drive_c/games/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Euro\ Truck\ Simulator\ 2

or maybe drive_h, i don't how you setup your wine prefix.

Anyway, i pushed a new version to github that should fix the pushd/popd problem

ok! I change

WINEPREFIX=~/.wine64 ./truckersmp-cli ~/.wine64/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Steam/steamapps/common/Euro\ Truck\ Simulator\ 2

and

unable to locate library (./truckersmp\core_ets2mp.dll)

1 minute ago, lhark said:

My bad then. Do you have a bin\win_x64 folder with eurotrucks2.exe inside in your game folder ? If not i need to change my assumptions about how the game installs :/

of cores i have!!!!! win_x64 folder, win_x86 folder

The download is done correctly, but the game does not start

2018-01-11 21:20:31 (433 KB/s) - escrito para a saída padrão  [12254/12254]                                                                                                                      

#                                                                 #                                                                                                                              
#  Please check that steam is running or the launcher won't work  #                                                                                                                              
#                                                                 #                                                                                                                              

Press enter if you are good to go:                                                                                                                                                               
./truckersmp-cli: 58: read: arg count                                                                                                                                                            
CreateProcess("/home/guilherme/.wine/drive_c/Program\bin\win_x64\eurotrucks2.exe -nointro -64bit") failed; error code = 0x00000002

From what I can see, you gave it the wrong path.

I'm going to go ahead and assume you didn't escape the path to the installation directory correctly. As it contains space, you need to quote it using either " or ' or else each part of the path is considered a separate argument.

BTW, if you encounter further problems, you can post an issue on https://github.com/lhark/truckersmp-cli/issues

• Like 1

I got the cli working again around March 10th by going to Wine 3.00, which was better able to accommodate the updated windows executables to be launched, and by making sure the trucksim was launched in OpenGL mode (and exited) before trying to start multiplayer.

However, it now looks like update.ets2mp.com is throwing some kind of connection error:

[email protected] /mnt/Exchange/xSteam/wineMP $ bash ./truckersmp-cli "/mnt/Exchange/xSteam/wine/steamapps/common/Euro Truck Simulator 2/"
--2018-03-19 10:07:18-- https://update.ets2mp.com/files.json
Resolving update.ets2mp.com (update.ets2mp.com)... 51.15.42.161
Connecting to update.ets2mp.com (update.ets2mp.com)|51.15.42.161|:443... failed: Connection refused.

For whatever reason, they seem to have dropped the HTTPS support on the server that truckersmp-cli is using to get the list of files to upgrade (update.ets2mp.com), this is what caused the problem.

I pushed a fix (temporary I hope) to the github.

Here is the post I made asking what's going on : https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/63187-no-more-https-for-updateets2mpcom/

PS : When you have a problem, you should post an issue on the github repo : https://github.com/lhark/truckersmp-cli/issues