Playing on the same profile for multiplayer on different PCs

Stuckbio

Question

So I've played MP on a PC while in winter break and now that I need to get back to work I would like to play on the same profile I used on that PC. From what I've seen Steam does not sync your profiles on all PCs that are connected to that account, so my only option is to copy the profile from the ETS2 folder on a USB and then put it on the other PC?

I want to know if that's the way I should go about this.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

You could place your DocumentsFolder into the folder of your dropbox/onedrive/googledrive folder, but I don't really recommend that, especially because of the limited space in those cloud storages

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

You may also use "ResilioSync" which allows you to force update cloud files in a folder (such as the ETS2 Profile), once it's been altered. As soon as a change is made, it updates the cloud version, and any other receiving computers will update automatically/once turned on.

This would allow you to get around constantly re-uploading a new version to dropbox/gdrive every time you play, then having to manually download it on the other PC.

Edited by Detective Adachi

909352999_role_RetiredTeamMember.png.778

1753152791_role_ReportModerator.png.19771713344466_role_GameModerator.png.6d5d141071312553_role_GameModeratorLeader.png.927432954_role_HumanResources.png.9c8e45

As an alternate a usb stick could be used (or as suggested above cloud storage) to "sync" files between each device.

I personally recommend https://allwaysync.com/

Great software - I use it for backing up files.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png