How to start the engine properly on a ramp?

skybatts

I use Logitech G29 and Driving Force Shifter to drive my truck. 
In addition, I use H-Shifter and 6-speed transmission.

Normally, I would pull the hand brake, and change to neutral gear for ramp start.
Next, I step on the accelerator and give it a little bit of gas.
When the pointer points to the green area, I change to first gear and release the hand brake.

But this method does not apply to some very oblique road.
For example: The road between Amsterdam and Rotterdam.

Sometimes there is a traffic accident here. I have to stop at this ramp.
But when the person involved left, I often can not start the engine at this ramp.
I must F7 or dangerously back to a place where do not so oblique, and then start the engine.

So I want to know the right way to start the engine on a ramp, Thus avoiding becoming a "road bomb".

qFTX2dx.jpg

If you're stuck on a hill going upwards. Pull the handbrake and go into first gear and push it up slow and steady

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

8 minutes ago, 1nYX said:

If you're stuck on a hill going upwards. Pull the handbrake and go into first gear and push it up slow and steady

But sometimes this will make my car slide backward, especially in some very oblique road.

^

For a truck you'll have to do this with a heavy load. Automatic Trucks usually tend to just push the gas all the way up. I never speak about cars as I don't like them at all. The car should theoretically just need to speed up at low gear. (Not to low gear as then you'll rev out and slow down // Also called Engine braking)

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sunort locked this topic

Archived