Allow users to be reported for Insulting even if they are already banned.

Penguin

Suggestion Name:

Suggestion Description:

Currently, you cannot report people who are already banned. Should an insulting comment be left on a report video, I currently have to ask the admin or @Rekoil_ (Who's always very helpful!) to extend the ban, as I cannot re-report the user, as they are already banned. Therefore I suggest to allow another report to be made (even if the user is already banned) should the Ban Reason be Insulting.
Any example images:  

No.
Why should it be added?:

It means that I can submit a report for Insulting without having to bother the admin or Rekoil constantly, which isn't fair on either of them, as they'll both have their own work to do. 

• Upvote 2

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

Hello @Penguin,

in my eyes, this would be really useful, indeed. I sometimes have the same problem when reporting a person. It is especially annoying if you recorded him, edited the video and uploaded it. 

It is always a lot of effort you're putting in, to notice, after having the video link your clipboard, that the player is already banned... :(

I give you a big arrow up for this suggestion.

Kind regards ;)

The issue with this is that we as "In-Game" admins cannot be doing anything with such reports for insulting on ban videos. 

The biggest reason why why we can't is because there is no way on linking the person who insulted you and the user you are reporting. This is the same reason why we cannot ban for insulting over Facebook because there is no possible way to link the two users together.

So your suggestion, whilst your reasoning behind it is good, technically we as admins should not be banning for any form of insulting on ban videos, so the suggestion will be declined.

@Trucking Australia

The thing is, when the comment is made from someone with the same username as was banned, it is easily checkable. When I put the suspect name down it is always the Steam Username, which most of the time they have their YouTube name under as well. When that matches the Steam username and therefore matches the player, you then have evidence that that user was the one insulting.

I can always check here anyway: http://tmp-player.info

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

@Trucking Australia i do disagree on that one because when someone typing in the chat you can validate that with the person who said that and the person who is reported,

you can't say that the admins cannot do anything about insulting on videos. 

as for facebook yeah sure that is different in which you can't compare with.

On 1/7/2017 at 8:07 PM, Penguin said:

@Trucking Australia

The thing is, when the comment is made from someone with the same username as was banned, it is easily checkable. When I put the suspect name down it is always the Steam Username, which most of the time they have their YouTube name under as well. When that matches the Steam username and therefore matches the player, you then have evidence that that user was the one insulting.

I can always check here anyway: http://tmp-player.info

On 1/7/2017 at 9:34 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

@Trucking Australia I do disagree on that one because when someone typing in the chat you can validate that with the person who said that and the person who is reported,

you can't say that the admins cannot do anything about insulting on videos. 

as for facebook yeah sure that is different in which you can't compare with.

Whilst both of your points are valid, the one thing that you are forgetting is the "valdiation" of the user.

You cannot confirm that the user you have reported is the exact same user that insulted in the video. This is because the users name on YouTube may be a match to the Steam name but there is nothing stopping someone from creating a fake YouTube account with a name identical to the user's Steam account and then going around and commenting on their ban videos. It is basically allowing anyone to set someone up for a major ban because we cannot link the two accounts regardless of their names. A name can be changed and forged, an ID number cannot.

The system is not perfect and there should b a way to confrim a user's YouTube account to a TruckersMP account but at the end of the day if you want the insulting to go away you should just block comments or moderate them. Reporting for small stuff for minor insulting on a video is almost a waste of time for everyone because they are already banned and extending their ban by 1 day if you are lucky is just useless.

• Upvote 1

Ahhh well that explains it @Trucking Australia, I thought you mean insulting in a video, but you mean insulting on a ban video on YouTube,

That is true ,is hard to search the information you need to take proper action, however you can also report it on YouTube, they can take proper action. Or just disable the comments :P

Thanks for the clear explanation

If you are sure the user commenting on your video is the same person, you can report it on our website as it falls under "Bullying/Harrassment".

To increase the chances of it being the same user, make your report videos unlisted. This avoids random people pretending to be.

*personal opinion below*

About the original suggestion, I agree with you. I kinda hope they will undo this decision as it doesn't really seem fair to all those who put in the effort to report people.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎06 at 10:23 PM, Penguin said:

Suggestion Name:

Suggestion Description:

Currently, you cannot report people who are already banned. Should an insulting comment be left on a report video, I currently have to ask the admin or @Rekoil_ (Who's always very helpful!) to extend the ban, as I cannot re-report the user, as they are already banned. Therefore I suggest to allow another report to be made (even if the user is already banned) should the Ban Reason be Insulting.
Any example images:  

No.
Why should it be added?:

It means that I can submit a report for Insulting without having to bother the admin or Rekoil constantly, which isn't fair on either of them, as they'll both have their own work to do. 

I disagree because this wont happend and How can a player insult you when the player is already banned ?

If the players insult you than block him, it's the best way.

Like @Trucking Australia said :the suggestion will be declined .

@Angel_Dark

Because you don't quite understand @Penguin's intention...

For instance, someone insulted me (not "idiot" or "dickhead", because those are only "kickable offences")  and this incident has been recorded. Usually, I do not immediately quit my game in order to report this player online so I continue to deliver my cargo.
Meanwhile, the offender recklessly rammed another person what was seen by an admin. He bans the person.

If I want to report him then, it is not possible anymore because the player is already banned. I.e. I will have to wait until his ban expired to report him (which could take up to 3 months if it's his 5th ban, e.g.).

I hope that, even if it gets declined, now know what Penguin intended to say :)

Kind regards ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.