Game freezes

Zurgui

Question

Hi,

I have been around since the very first step in May 2014 of the multiplayer mod, without problem, but since 2 or 3 days, I'm experiencing an issue.

I have regularly freezes, about 1 second, while I'm driving a truck. I checked online, and I found it is related to the auto savegame, but this freeze shouldn't happen when file games are on a SSD right ?

I also have freeze when I quick travel, and this time the game will not respond at all, even after minutes (but I can still hear the web radio).

So I tried to grab another profile, but still ended up with same issues. I started a new profile from the very start, same issues.

I also completely redownloaded and reinstallated the game, on another disk, same issues.

These issues happen both in SP and in MP.

I'm desperate, does anybody knows something that I don't know ?

4 answers to this question

Hi, Zurgui. I do not know the features of your computer, so I can not tell you if it's because the computer can not with the game. I would recommend removing the mods, or turning off the radio. You may also have many songs in the folder to play music and the game weighs a lot. Try closing other applications or decreasing game graphics. Another solution may be to open the game as an administrator.

Thanks for read :)

Thanks for your time Almeiras2.

I have no hardware problem, fps are very good (not stable, but that has always been the case), I have no mods, but I'll try without radio, my music folder is empty.

I'm not CPU limited, I can see a peak in CPU utilization (which does not reach 100%, but ~60%) at the time of the freeze.

I'll try also to launch the game as administrator.

I'll keep you uptated !

Sorry for not replying before, well, everything works fine now, but I'm not sure why.

So I started a fresh profile, remove all musics in the folder, remove all mods, but keep the radio (a must have for me !).

I bought 3 garages and tested quick travelsin MP and SP, so far no problem.

And I didn't experienced any freeze while driving.

Thanks !

EDIT : I just spotted another improvement, I connected my WoTprofile to take these jobs. When exitting the game, the game synchronizes the profile, and it's a lot faster now !

Edited by Zurgui