Merge the Scandinavian subforums

Suggestion Name: Merge the Scandinavian subforums
Suggestion Description: The Swedish, Danish and Norwegian subforums are not that lively. Merging them into one could help.

Any example images: Skärmbild från 2017-01-05 17-44-23.png

Why should it be added?: Swedish, Norwegian and Danish are very similar, at least in written form. The individual subforums are not particularly active, maybe a merger could help raise the activity?

This signature contains eight words and fifty-five characters.

To be honest, I don't have a trouble with this suggestion, people already post between the 3 so it kind-of makes sense.

@HumaneWolfinput?

@Stryke you'll get to practice! :P

@Mirko9 read the suggestion again, it's about merging 3 languages rather than setting up 3 languages.

"Scandinavian Language" No thank you. A Swedish person can not understand a Danish while they can understand Norwegians somewhat.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

@1nYX I'm Swedish and I find written Norwegian less intuitive than written Danish, but that may be due to the fact that I've actually lived in Denmark :P But seriously, written Danish is probably closer to Swedish than Norwegian is. It's not like I'm proposing a Scandinavian Teamspeak channel, in which case the Danes could cause a problem for the Swedes ;)

This signature contains eight words and fifty-five characters.

Well I have no idea how you guys do it :P I've gone to high school with a danish guy and still I do not understand it. Written words sure it can be done but most likely I will misunderstand some things but it could be a good thing to bring stuff together. Myself I will still vote for no on this one due to the differences in the language // some not being able to clearly understand each other.

Example: It's like bringing Ukraine, Russian, Croatian and Serbia together in one section. Different languages, written differently and not the same words.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎06 at 10:12 PM, 1nYX said:

Well I have no idea how you guys do it :P I've gone to high school with a danish guy and still I do not understand it. Written words sure it can be done but most likely I will misunderstand some things but it could be a good thing to bring stuff together. Myself I will still vote for no on this one due to the differences in the language // some not being able to clearly understand each other.

Example: It's like bringing Ukraine, Russian, Croatian and Serbia together in one section. Different languages, written differently and not the same words.

Like what he said with i agree.

Norway,German,sweden,Danmark is Brothers and keep that in mind :D

While a lot of Scandinavian people understand the other languages, several players from the countries do actually have trouble understanding the others, which would be a major obstacle if we did this. As such, I think this is sadly rejected, to make sure all the players from the Scandinavian countries have a subforum where they can understand other members, and be understood.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.